+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australia and US

Soulwalker

Default Australia and US

I have a feww fellow clanmates in australia, how can we all play together on an english server? [me being in the US]
    i also have a clanmate from sweden.

Default start on an english server

nuff said

/10char

Soulwalker

i do, but the ausies have different shards in their list

Choose anyone of the US English servers.

Us Aussies play on US servers without any trouble.

PVP - Briarcliff seems the most popular
    PVE - Wolfsbane.

(for Aussies/Oceanic)
    <a href=http://www.gwaith-i-har.com target=_blank>www.gwaith-i-har.com</a>
    Rift - Vamprys ; Lotro - Doktaduck ;
    ROM - Vamprys ; EQ2 - Duxie
    Gwaith i Har

Well its only a 2 hour time difference (i think) btween me and australia, but i can pretty much tell you that if the work then they gt on when srvers are about dead, i look at in game pop in each area when i log in and its usually maybe only 20 people in each zone, or evn online, and my server is supposedly "HIGH" pop.
    EU shards hav more players at my time / oceanic time, so i would try one of those - if theyre on your list

Soulwalker

ok all they are seeing is uk servers, all im seeing is us servers. how do we change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirironduke View Post
    ok all they are seeing is uk servers, all im seeing is us servers. how do we change that?
    Bring up the Rift launcher but DO NOT log in. Go to the Settings page and change the region from Europe to North America. Now log in. The shards listed should be the North American shards.

Wolfsbane has a very comfortable high population of Australians. Recommend it highly.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Josaline View Post
    Wolfsbane has a very comfortable high population of Australians. Recommend it highly.
    kiwis too
    and briarcliff

100%
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 04-29-2011 at 03:37 AM.
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

Default US servers for Aussies

After reading the posts above, i just wonder what other Aussies are experiencing with regard latency on their US Shards. My brother and I are on Molinar PvP, and the latency is complete ****e, with my worst spike hitting 330k - dc's are massive as well, with up to 20 over a 4 hour period - completely unacceptable quite obviously.

Don't want this post to become the start of an 'off topic', but i have considered changing to another shard, and since Trion aren't listing shards with regard to ping between diff countries, i just wondered about the experience of other Aussies using US servers.

I have also wondered weather jumpin onto a Euro shard would be a better idea. The time diff. between Aus and the US is a major prob when trying to get grps together for runs, as i found when i was on a US server in WoW.

Cheers

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTouch View Post
    After reading the posts above, i just wonder what other Aussies are experiencing with regard latency on their US Shards. My brother and I are on Molinar PvP, and the latency is complete ****e, with my worst spike hitting 330k - dc's are massive as well, with up to 20 over a 4 hour period - completely unacceptable quite obviously.

Don't want this post to become the start of an 'off topic', but i have considered changing to another shard, and since Trion aren't listing shards with regard to ping between diff countries, i just wondered about the experience of other Aussies using US servers.

I have also wondered weather jumpin onto a Euro shard would be a better idea. The time diff. between Aus and the US is a major prob when trying to get grps together for runs, as i found when i was on a US server in WoW.

Cheers
    My partner and I are in NZ and on Fayeblight. We usually get a steady 200ms ping which is great and very playable. However we occasionally have evenings/days (like right now) when rift simply gets ******ed and gives us 50k+ ping either constantly or with 5 second breaks of sanity between them.

I KNOW it's rift too as our mains are 100% wasted, but we can seem to get back to steady ping about 60-70% of our relog attempts on alts, in the zone and shard no less. net works fine while the ping is going too (browsing, vent etc).

So we just either play alts or show rift the finger for the evening and play something else.

Soulwalker

Exclamation

^^^^
    Agreed that Faeblight is excellent for population with no queues. Busy during USA times then busy during Oceanic times. Defiant a a couple of superguilds and Guardians has one superguild - both are server event orientated with both faction fun events occurring - and its these that make a server worthwhile.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries View Post
    Faeblight
    My kingdom for an edit button. I think i need to lay off the caffeine to thrash at the keys a bit less.
    Last edited by Armanant; 04-29-2011 at 08:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread