+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin Locked

Soulwalker

Default Coin Locked

I had my account placed on a coin lock status for reasons unknown. And the email I recieved also said that my account would be permabanned if I did not do something to fix it. Well, when I clicked the link to remove the coin-lock status, the webpage can not be found as if it doesn't exist. So...wtf can I do. I just bought this damn game and have played it for about a day now and am enjoying it very much. The last thing I want is to waste 69.99 in total on a time card and the game. This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kileal; 04-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.

You shouldn't need to follow any links in the coin lock email. All you need is the number that appears in the big oval. You go into the game, log onto the coin-locked character and click that icon. It will ask you to enter the coin lock code (the number from the oval) and when you do that, it should clear the coin lock and whitelist the IP address so that you won't be coin locked in the future.

If you get an email about a perma-ban, I'd be suspicious of it. I don't remember my coin lock emails saying anything about being banned. On the other hand, I didn't really read them thoroughly. I just found the code the game wanted and then forgot the rest.

Soulwalker

Default There is no code or oval.

There is no code or oval with a code in it that I can use. It is blank, and is a warning email of some kind...here is what it says.

Greetings!
    You are either logging in for the first time since coin locks have been reset, or are logging in from a new or unknown location. As a result, it has been put into a Coin Locked status.
    While in this status you will not be able to destroy, sell, or otherwise get rid of coins or items.
    To verify your identity and clear this status, please use the following link:

http://www.riftgame.com

If we cannot identify the real owner of this account, we will disable it permanently.

The RIFT Team
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    www.riftgame.com

To ensure our emails are not filtered into your junk folder, use your email program to set trionworlds.com as a safe sender.

Telaran

A legitimate coin lock email had a code to enter IN THE GAME and nothing that you have to do on the trion site. That email is not legit. I hope you did not click the link and enter any of your account info.

The coin oval referred to previously is in the game, if you don't se that once you log in than you know you are not coin locked. To be safe, make sure the password you use for rift and for your email are not the same and are both considered strong passwords (i.e. Long, combination of alpha and numeric, and not made up of real words that have relevance to you).
    Last edited by Jagarid; 04-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kileal View Post
    There is no code or oval with a code in it that I can use. It is blank, and is a warning email of some kind...here is what it says.
    That is a phishing email. Ignore it. If you clicked on a link - please scan your system fully, otherwise you are likely at risk of a breach at this point in time. Ignore all emails like it until you see the actual Coin Locked icon in-game. (And you can't miss it, honestly)
    Last edited by Treras; 04-27-2011 at 08:23 PM.

I would be changing my password right now if you clicked on the link. This is a new and perfectly timed phishing email.

And you are coin locked, check your email again, there will be an official email from Trion with a 'Title Heading' at the end with a 6 digit (or five?) number.
    Last edited by Josaline; 04-27-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added info.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

don't _Ever_ click links in an email. if you've clicked that, change your passwords and check your computer for viruses and malware. (They're different things!)

to get your account out of coinlock, Log in to the game. click the flashing "YOU ARE COINLOCKED" and click "resend coinlock mail"

then check your mail for a coinlock email, it will have a number in it which you should copy and paste, or type into the box ingame.
    FIC K2MCP61P / NVIDIA MCP61
    AMD Ath64x2 4400+ (2x2.3Ghz @ 200x11.5)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB gddr5 (1Ghz GPU 2Ghz shader 1Ghz memory)
    1.5GB PC2-5300

+ Reply to Thread