+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "immune", stop this!

Soulwalker

Default "immune", stop this!

I'm a big problem and this problem is making me lose heart in the game. I am a person who does not like making mistakes, and to, in the last week this is happening constantly.

I'm tanking, trying to generate agro. I know some are better to build generating threat. But every time, is giving the message "IMMUNE". Trion, what is it! I'm tired of wrong, the worse it when the error is not mine! Please do not be stupid, and get it this soon, it's getting unbearable play that game of yours!

In b4 flames.

I am going to assume the poster's native language is not English. Please do not flame, discuss the problem as this is the only way to hope to change or solve in game mechanics.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

immune to wat?
    FIC K2MCP61P / NVIDIA MCP61
    AMD Ath64x2 4400+ (2x2.3Ghz @ 200x11.5)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB gddr5 (1Ghz GPU 2Ghz shader 1Ghz memory)
    1.5GB PC2-5300

My best guess: diminishing returns on taunts?
    "In Rift, mobs raid you."

Stun a boss - immune
    Slow down a boss - immune

Bosses are usually immune to some effects to prevent exploiting or easy kills - it's normal and these things are in every game.

P.S.
    Have you ever seen a ghost bleeding? xD
    Last edited by elegos87; 04-28-2011 at 03:09 AM.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Soulwalker

Lately I have had an issue, where I tried to use the paladin charge on a ranom mob. But instead of flying over and smacking it, I got the 'immune' message, the skill went on cd, and I didn't move.

The charge has a build in snare, and I can sorta get if the mobs was immune to that, but how it can be immune to me running-really-fast and hitting it, I dont get.

Besides, this happens pretty random (and rarely thank God) on normal mobs, so it seems to me that there might a tiny bug hidden somewhere.

Could it be an issue with the game showing the "Immune" message instead of "Resisted"?

In WoW (sorry to use that game as comparison but it is a valid point), all mobs/NPCs maintained at least a 1% chance of resistance to an attack. Could this also be an issue and it's simply a wrong message?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    Stun a boss - immune
    Slow down a boss - immune

Bosses are usually immune to some effects to prevent exploiting or easy kills - it's normal and these things are in every game.
    Yeah, designers take the easy way out and simply void most useful CC and other skills rather than have to work on fight designs that allow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Could it be an issue with the game showing the "Immune" message instead of "Resisted"?

In WoW (sorry to use that game as comparison but it is a valid point), all mobs/NPCs maintained at least a 1% chance of resistance to an attack. Could this also be an issue and it's simply a wrong message?

I would think that Immune messages would mean that its completely Immune to what ever it is you are attempting to attack it with, while a RESISTED message would mean that there is a chance you could land your attack's effect on the mob.

I think the developers have added challenges to Boss Mobs that include making them Immune to certain abilities which in turn makes you have to figure out a different way to come at the situation.

It is one aspect of keeping a games content somewhat fresh compared to the same vanilla encounters over and over.

This actually is a tool thats used in a lot of games.

Bob

edit: typo!
    Last edited by BobtheDog; 04-28-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Soulwalker

All bosses are immune to Taunt skills but actually are not! Just simply is immune, so the immune system, when using a skill agro.

+ Reply to Thread