+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GFX problem on M11x

Soulwalker

Default GFX problem on M11x

Hi

I just bought rift yesterday. I am playing on an Alienware M11xR2. This laptop has 2 video cards. An intel one and a Nvidia one. When I launch the game, even if my Nvidia card is ON, Rift only reconinzes my intel video card. Therefore, some of the graphical options on the video settings are blocked.

Is there a way to unblock them ?

I can run most games on High settings so I guess this game should not be more demanding then others...

Thx!

Soulwalker

I have noticed that the low quality renderer space is checked and I can't uncheck it! Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Soulwalker

bump! bump!bump!

I'm not positive this will work, but it might be worth a try. You can edit the Rift.cfg file and look for a line that says "LegacyRenderer = True". Change the "True" to "False" and then save the file and run Rift and see if that helps out.

You might want to run dxdiag and see what it thinks your computer has for video cards. If DirectX isn't reporting the nVidia card, then Rift won't see it and will prevent you from using anything but the low quality renderer (most likely).

Soulwalker

It worked! I can play on ultra now but, even with all the shadows ON, I can't see them.

Are the shadows bugged ?

there are quite a few graphic bugs right now, as long as you're playing i'd ignore em till we get a few patches in =) (Report them, just don't worry about em)
    FIC K2MCP61P / NVIDIA MCP61
    AMD Ath64x2 4400+ (2x2.3Ghz @ 200x11.5)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB gddr5 (1Ghz GPU 2Ghz shader 1Ghz memory)
    1.5GB PC2-5300

Soulwalker

Alright, thank you guys!

+ Reply to Thread