+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eyefinity and 6970 in crossfire... Suprissingly good experience.

Shadowlander

Default Eyefinity and 6970 in crossfire... Suprissingly good experience.

So I have been rocking the 6970 since it came out. I also had the 5870 before that. Rift always played well on both setups at 1920x1080. I also run an eyefinity setup which with tweaking was playable with a single 5870 or 6970 and maybe drop the rez a smidge. I have heard only bad things about crossfire and sli support in RIFT. However that is not the experience I just had first time I fired up the game with my second 6970 installed with the 11.4 preview drivers from ati and the CAP file number 5 which was released on the 25th and i am getting 70 percent scaling in RIFT!!! OMG.

So here is what i'm running Phenom 2 X6 at 3.9 ghz 4 gigs of ram and Dual 6970's in crossfire at a resolution of 5904 x 1080 across three screens with with in game anisotropic at 3 and anti aliasing off im getting 45 FPS solid. Thats awesome!! with one card I wasn't breaking 30 in most areas at these settings. The game is smoothe and feels great no micro stuttering or anything.

What i'm getting at is where did all of the bad responses for dual cards come from? I'm getting 70 percent extra performance with a second card which is pretty normal considering the second card never gives a 100 percent boost because of everhead. Was there a patch or some update that we know of or is my system a freak of nature? Or is this just accepted now that the game performs well? Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Problems at release usually do tend to be fixed. It's not like this is WoW or something.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Rich Aemry

Hotfix #20.

Shadowlander

Are you saying since hotfix #20 it's been fixed? I didn't see any mention of it. Did you see a difference?

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by houdiniact View Post
    Are you saying since hotfix #20 it's been fixed? I didn't see any mention of it. Did you see a difference?
    Trion doesn't list performance bug fixes and optimizations in the patch notes. We only know b/c it was posted in a thread by Admiral.

You should send a PM to thank the community member Krace. His hard work and dedication found the crossfire bug and then pe pursued it until it was patched.

Yes I am seeing a performance boost, and it is very welcome. I'm still running one monitor though since I haven't put my TV back in the entertainment center and put my eyefinity setup back together.

Shadowlander

Nice!!! Thanks for the info. They really should post those optimizations. For people like me. I have left other games for silence on issues like this. It's nice to know when they are trying and it's a good feeling when they do fix it and tell you and you get that feel good feeling. I'm sure many people left for this very reason for the silence they gave us since launch about crossfire. I will deffinitely send a shout to him.

+ Reply to Thread