+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: General Steps For Low FPS Issues

Soulwalker

Default Rift great game still needs bug fixes on FPS and performance

Ive ran this game on 2 diffrent manchines one Intel t5700 dual core 4gig of ram with nvidia 450 1gig on the card.
    the other AMD 3000 X2 4gig of ram and was ATI4650 1gig condisering the nvidia card was a bit better on core clock and memory clock i upgraded to the AMD Radeon 6670 1gig onboard all 3 card are 128bit cards for bandwith. I seen a very slight improvment on the upgrade compared to what this game will run on with the intel and nvidia card that tells me that the platform for the game was tested and developed for nvidia and intel configuration. im lucky to see a framerate of 20 on low settings with the Radeon card on low its 25-30. Actually thats really sad considering the core clock is 810Khz and memory clock is 1000Khz. Nvidia 450 is compareable but the overall performance of that combination is better at higher settings then the amd/radeon combination. Im a new subscriber to the game my 30 days is not up yet. The intel machine is not my main machine and i have no intentions on making it that way this game needs performance fixes. Many other games i play are much better with this 6670 radeon and outperforms the nvidia 450 machine "except" this game please fix there really is no reason to have to spend 400bucks on a graphic card to get the highest framerate possible with the best graphic settings.
    The game and the world Trion have made is great with out a doubt. I only hope they work on resolving performance issues with the software.

A+ Comptia Tech
    Steven WR

Soulwalker

Default Strange

Finding it a little strange that on Sunday I was hitting an fps of around 79 but playing Monday and Tuesday evening I was only hitting around 15. I am playing the game on a bootcamp iMac, the card I have is an ati radeon hd 5670.

Ascendant

The Fix:
    Simple.
    Find your Rift.cfg in your Rift folder, open it with notepad
    Find the line "VFXLimit = "
    Replace the number at the end with a lower number. I typically use 10 or 20 for raiding.
    The line should now read "VFXLimit = 10"
    Save and Restart your game.

This simple fix increased my in combat raid fps from 10 to 25. Now I only experience a drop of ~5-10 fps when in combat versus not in combat. As a bonus, boss mobs are much clearer. There is no more blinding white explosion of spell effects covering 90% of the boss model. You can see which direction the boss is facing and even see important encounter graphics much easier.

I have tested tweak on every boss in the game -- Infiltrator's bombs to herald's purple idols and Alsbeth's laser beams to Uruluuk's expanding bubble of force. All of these important spell graphics will still display on your screen.

Enjoy. This has helped many of my guild mates return to playable FPS in raids.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    The Fix:
    Simple.
    Find your Rift.cfg in your Rift folder, open it with notepad
    Find the line "VFXLimit = "
    Replace the number at the end with a lower number. I typically use 10 or 20 for raiding.
    The line should now read "VFXLimit = 10"
    Save and Restart your game.
    This did work for me.. thank God, I love this game but as a PVPer I cannot loose to an opponent due to bad fps.. unacceptable.

Keep up the good work Rift, but do not ignore this thread or I assure you, you will loose credibility. I love this game too much for fps to ruin it.

I'm about to test the other poster's advice to mod the CPU Thingamagigga. :P

Rift Disciple

Majority of the time when your FPS drops in a game, its on YOUR end somewhere. Yes, you may have made 0 changes to your pc, configuration etc., but the game is constantly updating. Having the newest and greatest of something is not always the best way to fix problems. IE drivers, it will honestly take you FOREVER to go through a good chunk of drivers to determine which version work for you. Hell i use a set of nvidia drivers thats almost 2yrs old. Ive tried every new set of drivers that are released and it just isnt worth the headaches. Sometimes its in your best interest to waste days on end fooling with different drivers as long as you know how to properly install / remove them.

Just because your FPS isnt the greatest does not mean its Trions fault. Face it, if it were a problem with Trion than serious EVERY person playing the game would encounter the issue and well unfortunately, based on the forums its not a very large issue at all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by h4lfb4k3d View Post
    Majority of the time when your FPS drops in a game, its on YOUR end somewhere. Yes, you may have made 0 changes to your pc, configuration etc., but the game is constantly updating. Having the newest and greatest of something is not always the best way to fix problems. IE drivers, it will honestly take you FOREVER to go through a good chunk of drivers to determine which version work for you. Hell i use a set of nvidia drivers thats almost 2yrs old. Ive tried every new set of drivers that are released and it just isnt worth the headaches. Sometimes its in your best interest to waste days on end fooling with different drivers as long as you know how to properly install / remove them.

Just because your FPS isnt the greatest does not mean its Trions fault. Face it, if it were a problem with Trion than serious EVERY person playing the game would encounter the issue and well unfortunately, based on the forums its not a very large issue at all.
    Sorry, but no, you are very wrong. Maybe you'd be right if every, single computer in the entire world were the exact same, but they aren't. Different RAM, different CPU, different GPU, different screens, different everything. Just because you are the all knowing graphics driver guru does not mean everyone else is just an idiot and it's their fault. People are having problems with framerate in this game on legitimate gaming machines, machines that can run much better looking games on much higher settings. Granted that MMOs generally require a lot more for less results, I should not be getting 12 FPS in a city when I can run games like Crysis 1/2, Dead Space 2, GTA IV, and other games on high+ settings. It's ridiculous, and sifting through graphics drivers is not the end all be all solution to the problem.

Face it, the game is the problem.
    Last edited by Inirit; 06-10-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Default That sucks

I have a high performance rig which I use for video editing and gaming and do not have any problems with any other game I have played/tried till 3 days ago I payed 50 euros for rift and it does not work.
    I have tried all the tweaks etc but it turns out that running the game in low or high makes very little difference in FPS.
    Long story short - I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription plan cause it frustrates me. Game has great potential but if this does not improve I am forced to spend my credit elsewhere.

Also I stress: It is not my PC its the game there are far too many clues telling me its game's fault not my pc. Also net is full of people frustrated by this...

P.S: Allright I know it sounded bad and it probably is irritating to read these posts but please do try to find a fix instead of rolling it on people - lets be honest this kind of performance is seriously disappointing.

Last edited by Arlekiin; 06-13-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Telaran

I have a similar thread up in the suggestions forum...I'm hoping Trion will take a quick break from releasing new content to Rift and focus more on engine optimization, so we can actually enjoy what's in the game currently.

Soulwalker

Default frustration

Im happy to see im not alone with my problem and there are others who confirm my suspicions and want it fixed aswell. And I agree with the statement above - at the moment I would consider it a nice product demo - now lets make it happen and release the real game

Soulwalker

Default Fps

I also find this to be a problem. I just hope they fix the issuse and stop telling everyone its there rig.

Soulwalker

Default Seriously annoyed right now

My computer ran rift perfectly fine lvls 1-50 on my character and have been 50 for a couple of weeks with no problems. I have had exams the last few days and havent been able to logon, I logon today and my FPS is TERRIBLE. I ran the game at high settings previously and never had problems be it in cities/dungeons/open world etc, now I'm just sitting in a small room in Meridian and its choppy as hell. I don't want to use the low quality renderer/low settings as the game looks like Runescape on those.

WTF is going on?

I changed the MainCPUthread to 0 in rift.cfg and gave the game high priority in windows and I noticed an immediate speed increase. Everything flows really well now

Soulwalker

Default Canceled, no point ijn trying anything else

Canceled sub this morning, tried everything and more that has been posted but still have terribly low FPS. Its ridiculous and frustrating to have to change dozens of settings to try to get a game to work.

And btw, i just bought my comp 6 months ago, brand new alienware, all top of the line stuff, it isnt my system, its the game itself that is causing the low FPS.

Plane Walker

i have a hewer packet p6720f 2.9 coare speed quad cor
    proccer AMD IIX4840 6GIGS DD3 MEMROY
    64 bit OS
    ATI Readon 4200 monitor hp 2009 serries wide LCD
    And i have latest driver for ati card and updates yet al liam getting are 7 fps and i did everything i read on rist post here disabled waht was said
    iam thinking of bring the computer to a store and have a tesh look at it
    would that be of any help??

any advice would be gratefull cause ridt to me is unplable at teh moment fot me thanks

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    i have a hewer packet p6720f 2.9 coare speed quad cor
    proccer AMD IIX4840 6GIGS DD3 MEMROY
    64 bit OS
    ATI Readon 4200 monitor hp 2009 serries wide LCD
    And i have latest driver for ati card and updates yet al liam getting are 7 fps and i did everything i read on rist post here disabled waht was said
    iam thinking of bring the computer to a store and have a tesh look at it
    would that be of any help??

any advice would be gratefull cause ridt to me is unplable at teh moment fot me thanks
    pss iam a quad core computer how do i set rift up so it run our use more then 1 core at time??? thanks again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast