+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Error 2016? wtf

Telaran

Default Error 2016? wtf

I tried searching supprt this doesn't even come up. I just re-installed my game wtf is going on with this goddamned borked game.

3days of ****in 2005 now 2016 Does this mean trion cares less about our god damn problems?

ps: i've quadrupple chekced my PW and log in even changed it and as evidence i know my pw and login I'm here posting. Idk wtf this problem is now but i want it ****in solved.
    Last edited by DarthLopez; 04-18-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Computer: Core i3 3.01GHz | ATI 5750 | 8gigs DDR3 RAM | Win 7 | ~65 installed games
    Avid Gamer who plays: Rift, BFBC 2, DOW 2, COH, COD, ME Series, DA series, Emp TW
    other Interests: Star Wars, Mass Effect, Warhammer 40k

Soulwalker

Default 2005 to 2016 error

I have been having the same issues for going on a week now ....

I was free of 2005 yesterday an now I patched today an I get 2016 . I also checked an changed my passwords to be certain .

I guess this will be the new 2005 thread ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DarthLopez View Post
    I tried searching supprt this doesn't even come up. I just re-installed my game wtf is going on with this goddamned borked game.
    i had video card issues early last week, so i went and got a new card and power supply...then i finally get my computer working again last friday, and have the #2005 issues (which the only fix that worked for me was to reinstall the game)...so i finally get in to game yesterday and i can barely move around, and spend like 2 hours messing with ingame video settings, none of which work...so i give the ol' PC a good rest for a day and try to login tonight after work, and im getting #2016 errors...point of this rant is to say that im getting fed up, and im getting close to nixxing this game

and i reset my password too, but that didnt change anything...ill keep trying until the latenight talkshows are over tonight, but i dunno, im really disappointed with all the problems this game has had so far

Soulwalker

Same thing is happning with me, i just patched and im getting error code #2016.. this is getting old

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Same error

I was getting the 2005 error and the only fix seemed to be a modem / router / PC power cycle, now with the 2016 I am unable to get in at all.

Soulwalker

I'm also getting the same error. Tried restarting computer. Tried restarting router. Tried disconnected internet. Nada :S

Soulwalker

well i got in...the only thing i did was this; start up the Rift launcher, but before i tried logging in i went into Settings, and changed the screen mode to windowed(it was blanked out)...but that was almost an hour ago, and i just now got in, so i doubt thats the issue

Soulwalker

Same issue for me, never had login issues before.

Reseted the password to be certain but pretty sure it's not that, you get the error way to fast.
    Checked on laptop and same issue.

So the new riftlauncher patch killed Rift, nice job.
    Opened a ticket with Trion probably will take a day before I have feedback.

When I have more info will update.

Soulwalker

Same is happening to now. Ran the patch update and now I'm getting Error 2016 rather than 2005. It doesn't matter if I fill in the correct password (or leave the box blank). I guess, on the bright side, it looks like Trion is doing something (even if it is moving backwards) Lol

Telaran

Same here. I got tired of resetting my router to login, so I've been playing other games for a few days. Tried tonight, patched the patcher, and now it's 2016.

I assume the next launcher patch will break it further so we can't even get subsequent patches?

Hrm. Is everyone who's getting this pre-paid? Maybe it's a load management feature.

Soulwalker

Same problem. Sent in my ticket, waiting for reply. Seriously? I have encountered so many problems with this game, and it's only been about a week.

Soulwalker

Default Rift 2005 to Rift 2016

4 straight days of 2005 now 2016. Next round but at least I don t have to see 2005

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tullene View Post
    4 straight days of 2005 now 2016. Next round but at least I don t have to see 2005
    Ditto - I guess I'll go back to shooting tanks up.

Soulwalker

Default Possible workaround!

Ok, this was working for error 2005 and on the 1st try with error 2016 (which I got for the 1st time today). This was posted by Acario under one of the threads for error 2005.

(This has worked for me for the past 3 days. I've had to do this every time I try to log in:

Attempt to run Rift launcher and log in.
    2005 error.
    Leave launcher up.
    Walk over and unplug my router - plug it back in
    As soon as computer connects to the internet again I close the 2005 error message and log in.
    Has worked every time for 3 days in a row.... about 4 times a day or so.

Might be just me... but it's something.
    ~Steve)

This was the only method that worked more than once for error 2005 and so far on error 2016. Hopefully this works for more of you! And thank you Acario/Steve!

Jaesep/Gnarlwood

Thumbs down

After the next hotfix it will be error #2027.
    Even free to play games give less errors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast