+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift startup no UI?

Soulwalker

Default Rift startup no UI?

Anyone else having this problem? I can open the game and it loads into this screen that looks like an altar with some sort of crystal in the background. (I suppose this is where you can choose your character) But after that nothing happens. There is no text, no user interface that comes up. I waited for about 10 minutes and it was that same screen for the whole time. Anyone know any solutions?

Can you post a dxdiag file for your system? Short of that, what graphics card are you running on and what driver? Also, what are the driver settings at? On some drivers, if you have things like Anti-aliasing turned on they will cause problems when Rift tries to display things, and the UI could be one of those things.

Also, there are other threads on this issue. (I remember seeing them, but I don't have links handy) You might want to do a search and see if any of those other threads offer suggested fixes for you. If you search for things like "character select screen" that should probably get you some useful results.

Soulwalker

Here is my dxdiag for my system. Right now I have a geforce 230m for a notebook. the driver is the latest which is 267.76.

I will check on the other threads on the forum. thanks for all your help .

Quote Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
    Can you post a dxdiag file for your system? Short of that, what graphics card are you running on and what driver? Also, what are the driver settings at? On some drivers, if you have things like Anti-aliasing turned on they will cause problems when Rift tries to display things, and the UI could be one of those things.

Also, there are other threads on this issue. (I remember seeing them, but I don't have links handy) You might want to do a search and see if any of those other threads offer suggested fixes for you. If you search for things like "character select screen" that should probably get you some useful results.
    Attached Files

Soulwalker

I have the same problem as this guy:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...+select+screen

but an answer was never found

Soulwalker

I actually solved it.

turned off antivirus. reinstalled directx9. then start up had no problem

+ Reply to Thread