+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Artifacts with Radeon GPU

Soulwalker

Default Screen Artifacts with Radeon GPU

I'm stuck running with low-quality graphics rendering since anything higher produces flashing screen artifacts or strange ground effects. I have a pair of Radeon HD 5570 GPUs in a Crossfire set-up with a Phenom II x6 2.80GHZ CPU and 8GB of RAM, and have had no trouble with other graphics-intensive games. I've tried every suggested fix I could find here, including RadeonPro and FurMark stress testing (plateaus at 50C with no visible artifacts), but have had no luck. I suppose I could keep running with the generic WoW-era graphics at 50+ FPS but I was really hoping for better. Does anyone have another idea short of just dumping or upgrading the Radeon GPUs?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5000 View Post
    I'm stuck running with low-quality graphics rendering since anything higher produces flashing screen artifacts or strange ground effects. I have a pair of Radeon HD 5570 GPUs in a Crossfire set-up with a Phenom II x6 2.80GHZ CPU and 8GB of RAM, and have had no trouble with other graphics-intensive games. I've tried every suggested fix I could find here, including RadeonPro and FurMark stress testing (plateaus at 50C with no visible artifacts), but have had no luck. I suppose I could keep running with the generic WoW-era graphics at 50+ FPS but I was really hoping for better. Does anyone have another idea short of just dumping or upgrading the Radeon GPUs?
    i was gunna say.. why crossfire those cards? x.x so much headache. i found hd 5770 crossfire wasnt enough for me before my recent upgrade.. and that was if i could get crossfire working... lol. But what drivers are you running?
    Active toon: Dreamfall (Sunrest)
    My system: Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x58 SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 CPU: Intel Xeon e5645 2.4Ghz @2.6Ghz Graphics Card: 2x Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB Crossfire 840/1325 +20% power *1 has unlocked shaders* Memory: 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz @1100mhz (6-6-6-18 timings) Operating System: Windows 7 Home 64-bit Sandra Rank #30

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LostAtSea View Post
    i was gunna say.. why crossfire those cards? x.x so much headache. i found hd 5770 crossfire wasnt enough for me before my recent upgrade.. and that was if i could get crossfire working... lol. But what drivers are you running?
    Thanks for the reminder, I had downloaded the 11.4 preview driver and the cap1 profiles but forgot to install them. Running on medium graphics now with default settings and getting 50-60 fps, so far so good although GPU load seems very high. Now if I could just stop the repeated game crashes that started this morning as soon as I arrived at Sanctum . . .

Soulwalker

Not sure if its an option for you to test, but you could remove one of the cards and least that way you'll know that it is a crossfire driver issue.
    Kirgib Cleric

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kirgib View Post
    Not sure if its an option for you to test, but you could remove one of the cards and least that way you'll know that it is a crossfire driver issue.
    Thanks! Been playing now for 4-5 hours on medium graphics setting with 50-60 fps and no bugged graphics at all so I think its all set (at least until the next patch!!!). Installing the latest Radeon preview driver along with the latest profiles looks like it was the right combination.

+ Reply to Thread