+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Mouse

Soulwalker

Default Gaming Mouse

I use a logitech G500 10 button gaming mouse but the game only allows me to bind 5 buttons . When will this expand.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Deadway View Post
    I use a logitech G500 10 button gaming mouse but the game only allows me to bind 5 buttons . When will this expand.
    Use setpoint to set macros for riftgame.exe

RIFT Customer Support Representative The Admiral's Avatar

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your particular mouse working. I know for sure that it's not a button limitation with the game software as I have personally used a couple different mice that had 12 keys and I had each button binded.

This leads me to believe it's Logitech software related. Whichever drivers or software they use for the bindings on the mouse must be causing this limitation. I wish I could be more helpful but I would try posting about this perhaps in the Logitech forums if you haven't already since they would know more about their specific software.

Best of luck!

The Admiral.

RELEASE THE ADMIRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Deadway View Post
    This is not true.

You have to use the Logitech Software to change the mouse' keybindings. Try binding the exta keys to use the numpad 0-9 buttons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your particular mouse working. I know for sure that it's not a button limitation with the game software as I have personally used a couple different mice that had 12 keys and I had each button binded.
    ^^^^What he said^^^^

Edit: It's good to see you Trion guys posting now an then. Lets us players know you are still around here
    Last edited by crowbar; 04-11-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Because I can?

Soulwalker

Thank you for the advice I will try it out

Yah it has to be the logitech software because i use this Razar Naga and it keybinds just fine so i don't think its the games fault.

Hopefully your up and running ^_^

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Fhero View Post
    Yah it has to be the logitech software because i use this Razar Naga and it keybinds just fine so i don't think its the games fault.

Hopefully your up and running ^_^
    It's not the logitech software, and your Naga came pre-bound to the number keys.

The OP just hasn't set his binds up properly.

Taking this opportunity to ask if there is a plan to include a Rift add-on for Razer Naga,wow and war had one made. Also,maybe a special edition mouse from Steelseries to fit on the collectors edition mousepad
    Deceneu - Xanadu
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/1898430
    eat good-look good;look good-play good;play good-paid good;paid good-eat good

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by DeceneU View Post
    Taking this opportunity to ask if there is a plan to include a Rift add-on for Razer Naga,wow and war had one made. Also,maybe a special edition mouse from Steelseries to fit on the collectors edition mousepad
    Did you actually buy that steelseries mouse for WOW? It was a pretty bad mouse, but it sold b/c it was branded. That's like buying the SC2 Razer mouse when they make other ones that are just so much better for the same price.

Give it couple month and we will see support in 3rd party land if not from Trion for all of our toys. I would like an official G series KB plugin myself.

i actually have the 1st edition of steelseries wow mouse - it looks horrible but is somewhat comfortable (at least for raiding) and works pretty well :P
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Phenom II X6 1100T @4 GHZ (CPU) - 4x2GB RipjawX F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD@1600mhz 7-7-7 (RAM) - 120GB OCZ Agility 2 EX (SSD) - 1TB WD SATA3 (HDD) - 2xXFX 6970 /w 4GB (GFX) - GA-890FXA-UD5 (Mobo) - Coolermaster GX750 (PSU) - HAF 932 AMD Edition (Case) - win7 x64 professional

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by eiskalt1980 View Post
    i actually have the 1st edition of steelseries wow mouse - it looks horrible but is somewhat comfortable (at least for raiding) and works pretty well :P
    What did that cost you?

I spent $40 on my G9s, and they have more features and better performance. Sure I got them on clearance, but I'm down with the clearance. Who needs over 3200dpi or 65 inches a second or 30-Gs of acceleration? I sure as hell don't. The G9x has double the specs, but I don't even use max setting on a G9.

think i paid about 50 euros for the mouse - wasnt really able to choose much tbh...situation where i live now isnt exactly a dream when it comes to hardware lol
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Phenom II X6 1100T @4 GHZ (CPU) - 4x2GB RipjawX F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD@1600mhz 7-7-7 (RAM) - 120GB OCZ Agility 2 EX (SSD) - 1TB WD SATA3 (HDD) - 2xXFX 6970 /w 4GB (GFX) - GA-890FXA-UD5 (Mobo) - Coolermaster GX750 (PSU) - HAF 932 AMD Edition (Case) - win7 x64 professional

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by eiskalt1980 View Post
    think i paid about 50 euros for the mouse - wasnt really able to choose much tbh...situation where i live now isnt exactly a dream when it comes to hardware lol
    70USish. That's not too bad. They're like 100US at the Gamestop down the street. I just don't like paying Blizz for something they did nothing but sign off on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aemry View Post
    70USish. That's not too bad. They're like 100US at the Gamestop down the street. I just don't like paying Blizz for something they did nothing but sign off on.
    ye i know what u mean - for me it was just i had my good old mx518 which was starting to get into its yrs...

so i wanted smth new but not this razor stuff because all this pro-gamer image ..isnt my cup of tea

(99.9% of all people who claimed to be "pro" had a serious need to claim to be pro ..if u know what i mean)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast