+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reconnecting every few min....

Soulwalker

Default Reconnecting every few min....

So this has been happening for over a 12 hour period, where my character keeps disconnecting, and I have to reconnect it happens every 1-5min of playing the game. I thought maybe it was a temporary problem so I loged off for the night. And now this morning it is still doing it! My character often times will be in different places on the map, in some cases the world. please for the love of god I hope someone has some kind of answer. Doesn't seem to be an issue with my connection as other games/movies run fine.

RIFT Customer Support Representative The Admiral's Avatar

Hello,

Just from what you said it sounds like possible someone else is logging into your account perhaps? If your character is in different places of the map when you log back in that is. And when someone else logs into your account if you are on it, it will kick you off the server. Have you tried resetting your password?

The Admiral.

RELEASE THE ADMIRAL

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    Hello,

Just from what you said it sounds like possible someone else is logging into your account perhaps? If your character is in different places of the map when you log back in that is. And when someone else logs into your account if you are on it, it will kick you off the server. Have you tried resetting your password?

The Admiral.
    No I don't believe that to be the problem, I can immediatly relog in, and the places I end up on the map are way to far away for anyone to have time to move there. Most often it seems like the server never catches up with my character and he is back at a spot that I was at a few dissconnect ago. It just sucks because this happened once before, but after a hour or so it went back to normal. This has been going on for over 12hours making me wonder if I wont be able to play until the server resets. I'm not an expert, but it appears to me my character got lost in some latency while being involoved with some large raid groups last night, and he never caught up with the server. If that makes ANY sense at all

+ Reply to Thread