+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eyefinity Viewport settings?

Soulwalker

Default Eyefinity Viewport settings?

I am using eyefinity in a triple monitor setup, and performance is poor.
    Is there any way to define the rendering area? In that other MMO, I am able to set it so that the game only renders on one monitor? I like having my bags, quests, chat, maps, etc.. on the extra monitors, but I really don't need to see who's off to the side of me. It's a novelty having just over 180 degrees of view, but it would run so much smoother if it only had to render 1920x1080 instead of 5760x1080.

Shadowlander

I think you're out of luck.

If you run in fullscreen using 1920x1080 with Eyefinity active you'll end up with one screen with the viewport and two blank screens.

If you run in windowed mode at 1920x1080 you'll end up with one screen with the viewport and two screens to surf the net etc, but you can't drag your bags and stuff out of the windowed screen.

That's my experience with it anyway.
    Last edited by Griznak; 04-10-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Yeah, same experiences here. Still want to run in 5760x1080, but only render 1920x180 worth of active game. I am able to do this in WOW with an addon called viewporter, and it works fantastic. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until Rift supports addons and someone makes it, or they add it into the already amazingly customizable UI.

Plane Touched

I have not seen anything in the default settings. Theres nothing for ya except just deal with the stuff on the sides.

+ Reply to Thread