+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my account!!!

Default I need help with my account!!!

My account was Coin Locked because my ISP reset my IP number. When I log in, i don't receive any e-mails with the Coin Lock code. I click Resend multiple times and I'm not receiving any codes either that way.

I made sure that my e-mail was the same one on the Rift Account Page and I'm not receiving anything. I even changed my e-mail to another one I use, the Account Page said I was going to receive a Confirmation e-mail to officially change my e-mail, and It hasn't even arrived yet on that e-mail account.

This is becoming highly annoying to deal with your Support. Third time I have problems with my account and there's no quick way to fix it... I really hope I don't have to wait over a week to get a response for this problem which seems to be on your end.

I'm assuming you have, but did you check your emails spam folder.

Telaran

If all else fails you could get a new email and change it to it, hopefully it would work, I use gmail and don't have any issues getting any coin lock warnings when they happen which thankfully has only been the first time and another time after they updated something about the coin lock shortly after it came out.

When Coin Lock was implemented, they had to send e-mails to everyone when the logged in for the first time.

I didn't have any problems whatsoever then. E-mail arrived at my inbox in a matter of seconds.

Today, when I got Coin Locked, it's been hours and I still haven't received an e-mail with the Code necessary to unlock my account.

Yes, I've checked my spam folders on both my gmail and hotmail accounts, and there is nothing there. Even when I tried to change my e-mail from one e-mail provider to the other, the confirmation e-mail to accept the change hasn't arrived yet.

I don't know what's going on, but I need to get rid of Coin Lock to play my account.

Looking for a GM that can help me!

Coin lock is a horrible idea. The person who came up with it apparently had absolutely no clue what he was doing. First of all it doesn't do jack for security. The average internet user uses both the same password for his email that he does for most everything else which is usually a bad idea but you can't expect much from them. This means if they can log in to your rift account odds are they can log in to your email and check for the coin lock number and unlock it. Second.. seeing as most of the hackers get your information via key loggers and phishing scams they already have your IP address and can very easily clone it completely bypassing a coin lock all together. Third (and the most frustrating for me) I play both at home and on the go. This means if I switch locations and/or computers I'm immediately coin locked out which means I have to go in to my email, get the code, unlock myself, play, go home, get coin locked, unlock, play, go to work, get locked, unlock, play, etc....

First time I read about their new system I just shook my head in shame that they didn't think things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzee View Post
    My account was Coin Locked because my ISP reset my IP number. When I log in, i don't receive any e-mails with the Coin Lock code. I click Resend multiple times and I'm not receiving any codes either that way.

I made sure that my e-mail was the same one on the Rift Account Page and I'm not receiving anything. I even changed my e-mail to another one I use, the Account Page said I was going to receive a Confirmation e-mail to officially change my e-mail, and It hasn't even arrived yet on that e-mail account.

This is becoming highly annoying to deal with your Support. Third time I have problems with my account and there's no quick way to fix it... I really hope I don't have to wait over a week to get a response for this problem which seems to be on your end.
    Sorry to say but could your E-Mail address have been changed by a hacker.
    check you Rift settings
    PVE servers for PVE Players
    PVP Servers for PVP Players
    If you grief on a PVE server the DM should remove that player to a PVP server with the loss of all his/her gear just to give them a little grief.
    All you hear from PVPers is nerf this nerf that I got owned by my mum nerf her and carebears did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyoldman View Post
    check you Rift settings
    I could have sworn I JUST said that.... lol.

I must of been typing as you posted :P lol
    PVE servers for PVE Players
    PVP Servers for PVP Players
    If you grief on a PVE server the DM should remove that player to a PVP server with the loss of all his/her gear just to give them a little grief.
    All you hear from PVPers is nerf this nerf that I got owned by my mum nerf her and carebears did this.

I must of been typing as you posted :P lol
    Eh well either way you look at it.. coin lock isn't anything but a minor inconvenience to people who hack accounts. Sorta like "The Club" for your car... seemed like a good idea.. but as we all know it doesn't do anything to stop people from stealing your car, it just makes it take 10 seconds longer for them to drive off with it.

check you Rift settings
    Like I said on the original post, I immedietly checked my Rift Account Page on their main website to verify that my e-mail address was still the same one.

Like I said on the original post, I immedietly checked my Rift Account Page on their main website to verify that my e-mail address was still the same one.
    Perhaps you should read what I just posted about the coin lock system....

I read your post multiple times, but that has nothing to do with me. I can assure you that my password for my e-mail is nowhere near identical to the password i use for Rift.

I'm literally camping my e-mail account and i keep receiving other e-mails except the ones I require from Trion to unlock the Coin Lock off my account or the Confirmation e-mail to change e-mail accounts on my Rift Account to see if I can received the Coin Lock code on my second e-mail account on a different e-mail provider.

I'm simply just not receiving any e-mails from Trion, period.

I read your post multiple times, but that has nothing to do with me. I can assure you that my password for my e-mail is nowhere near identical to the password i use for Rift.

I'm literally camping my e-mail account and i keep receiving other e-mails except the ones I require from Trion to unlock the Coin Lock off my account or the Confirmation e-mail to change e-mail accounts on my Rift Account to see if I can received the Coin Lock code on my second e-mail account on a different e-mail provider.

I'm simply just not receiving any e-mails from Trion, period.
    Then it might be a database error with Trion. Once again.. proving that the coin lock system is a complete failure and the person who implemented it should be drawn and quartered (metaphorically speaking of course).

Heeeeelp!

Your own Coin Lock system is making it for me unable to play!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast