+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent graphial lag/other issues & audio stuttering/zone music issue.

Soulwalker

Default Intermittent graphial lag/other issues & audio stuttering/zone music issue.

I've been trying to find anything similar to the issue I've been having and haven't found anything exactly like what I was having so I'm not sure how common an issue this may be or if it's just me. Basically lately I've been having situations where the game would stutter very badly for anywhere from 20 - 40 secs-ish. Like 1 fps about. And then it would go back to the standard 25 - 40 fps I get depending on where I am. I've tried reinstalling the game at least 3 times both through steam (where I bought the game) and from downloading the client via the site. Nothing seemed to change. I have played since a day after release and not noticed this until fairly recently. Last 2 weeks I would say. However this issue seems to mostly happen during rifts/large groups of players but it has happened when I was just questing and, like I said, it ends up going away and it seems the large-scale events play normally.

Another graphical issue I noticed was sometimes my armor would be all black and green after I died when my character sheet clearly showed it as brown. It's fixed when I soul recall. I remember there being a patch for that but this started happening after the patch to fix it.

What may be related to the issue is I also get seemingly random audio lag where sounds would stutter a few times, Most notably when creatures die the death sound will stutter 2 or 3 times real fast but beyond that they play normally. Music, however, is odd. Rift music plays perfectly fine. Zone music on the other hand seems to be silent for a while and then sometimes abruptly start playing like someone hit unmute. This has been happening for as long as the graphical issues.

Last thing which I have seen others with which may be a factor in this or not is that when I log on I get the message that some data is missing/corrupted and I have to run the recover option but doing so does nothing. I run it as administrator of course and no firewall/etc. Only thing I can think of are there certain ports I should be forwarding through my router?

This only happens with Rift and I have tried running Rift on low settings and ultra minus shadows and clutter related sliders and get an average of 30 fps when it's just me doing stuff like rifts or questing or running aimlessly. I will post system specs below and this is on a laptop by the by.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
    6G ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M

Soulwalker

The 260M gives that away.

Did the laptop come with Win 7 64bit? I'd tend to believe this is a driver issue for your mainboard/sound card as everything tends to be integrated.

Soulwalker

Yeah it came with it. I'm not as computer literate as I'd like to be when it comes to driver related stuff, I mostly just make sure I have the latest graphics ones from the Nvidia site. I'm just curious as to how it just would recently start making issues when it was fine at first.

Soulwalker

So would you reckon then that updating motherboard drivers would be a likely fix for this? I haven't seen if I could yet, I would have though a driver problem would be consistently noticeable.

Also, any idea on why the game keeps saying to use the recover option but it doesn't do anything? I'm guessing that may be something they have to fix though based on the fact it seems fairly common with others.

Soulwalker

Bump, still at a loss.

Soulwalker

Okay I went and got the latest audio drivers but as expected no change. So I do have the latest graphics/audio drivers and that's the extent of my knowledge on what/how to update.

Soulwalker

Anyone with any idea at all? =/ It'd be nice to be able to play flawlessly like I used to before the patch or whenever this started.

Soulwalker

Morning/afternoon bump. Update didn't fix it even though I hoped it would. if one update could break something one can fix it right? Oh well, at least the Guise of Death thingy is cool.

Soulwalker

Bump again, really would like someone that could help to see this as it is a pretty big issue for me.

Shadowlander

Lotharius,

If it helps, your issues are not uncommon currently. While the symptoms may be a bit different, the disease is the same for many of us. Trion has yet to respond to even one of the many many posts relating to these issues. And the subs that read this forum have made many suggestions...none of which has worked to date. The ball is in Trion's court currently....to bad no one is on that side to return the volley. Id just keep bumping it until monday if I were you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Telree View Post
    Lotharius,

If it helps, your issues are not uncommon currently. While the symptoms may be a bit different, the disease is the same for many of us. Trion has yet to respond to even one of the many many posts relating to these issues. And the subs that read this forum have made many suggestions...none of which has worked to date. The ball is in Trion's court currently....to bad no one is on that side to return the volley. Id just keep bumping it until monday if I were you.
    Thank you. Yeah I've read a lot of other threads with people having issues since the patch. Not necessarily the same symptoms but still. I still have been worried it's something on my end. But then I keep remembering the hours straight I would play rifting with like a hundred people with no issue. Hopefully they are just working very hard on this, so hard that they haven't responded. But I doubt it >.>

Soulwalker

Default Solved crash, stutter, lag problems

Was having similar problems with sound and crashing. Would start to get stuttering sound, then video lag, then crash that disabled local internet connection, forcing a manual power down and restart using power switch. Tried all of the suggestions I had read in the forums, including reinstalling drivers, disabling hyperthreading, adjusting memory timing, changed out sound cards, etc.etc. I was doing this with both my own and wifes computer, we have identical studio xps 8000 i5 core with 260 gfx cards, 4gb mem running win 7 64 bit. However, after doing another round of driver cleaning, changing, etc.. I tried something on wifes computer... I disabled her sound card, and enabled the onboard sound card, and allowed windows to install whatever driver it wanted to...something I had not tried before, since it seemed a step backward. No more sound stutter, no more lag and no more crashes since then. I did it to my pc as well, without doing ANY of the things I had done to wifes pc, and I have not had any issues since then either. We have now played for over 14 hours without stutter,lag or crash.

Soulwalker

Yeah that didn't work either. I am convinced that for me and most others this is 100% on Trion's side.

Soulwalker

After this latest patch, I'm getting some weird audio issues as well. Things like the zone music cutting in and out and ambient noises stopping when an NPC speaks and restarting after he/she's done. Very strange.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shaen View Post
    After this latest patch, I'm getting some weird audio issues as well. Things like the zone music cutting in and out and ambient noises stopping when an NPC speaks and restarting after he/she's done. Very strange.
    Yeah I have the exact situations with audio so hopefully this is just something they can fix in an update soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast