+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sound Issues since 1.1

Soulwalker

I'm glad some people are seeing an improvement. Unfortunately, for me, not having sound effects for any of my spell casting as a spell caster is more than an annoyance: it's a game-breaker.

I know the devs must be frustrated at this, too. I've talked to others and I know not everyone is having the same experiences. Heck, if all Mage and Cleric players had no sounds, there'd be a riot. It makes debugging and tracking down the issue that much harder, too. It doesn't make it any better for those of us who can't experience the game fully.

It's so painful since at one time this was one of the best sounding games I've played.
    Guardians of Sunrest: Cenera ~ Vivid
    1.1 Sound Issues: Comparison Videos, My list of sound issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kosouda View Post
    It's not 1.0 audio, but I learned to accept that it wouldn't be coming back.
    Why?

For what reason can the sound not be back to 1.0?

The only reason I can see for 1.1 sounds, is to let you know how good 1.0 was.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Plane Walker

- music is still way too quiet in the game, even cranked to MAX

- Warrior ability sound effects still muted i.e. Judgment

- Missing sound effects still for foraging

Rift Disciple

Dear Devs, please consider re-evaluateing the sounds for certain key moves such as rogue Finishers which, even before 1.1, lacked any kind of differentiated oomph from the combo-point building attacks. I would expect a finisher to sound a lot more hard-hitting and powerful than the attacks that precede it.
    Last edited by Paraella; 04-08-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Recently I have not noticed any sound problems like missing audio, fading or swelling but I have been experiencing sound stuttering since 1.1 and it is still occurring. Using Supreme X-Fi onboard audio. Have done a complete reinstall of all audio drivers and it is still happening.
    My rig:
    Eyefinity triple screen display--Antec 900 II case--Asus Crosshair IV mobo--8 gigs RAM--2x WD HDD in Raid 0
    1 ATI 5970 w/Artic Triple fan cooler--Win 7-64 bit--AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Processor

Soulwalker

Default Discouraged

I was hoping so strongly that the posts after the #14 Hotfix would be all about how the sound had returned to glory. It's very disheartening and discouraging to read that many problems persist; especially combat music's relative whisper volume.

I'll be checking it out when I get home. I really hope the combat music is fixed in all zones.

In any case keep posting, people. It's clear the people at Trion Worlds -are- listening. I just wish they hadn't decided to try fixing what wasn't broke.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kazenokage View Post
    Buddy, I wasn't flaming anyone, you should read the patch notes properly, they are talking about changing sounds for 1.1, there's nothing about a fix for 1.1 about sounds yet. LOL. <-- means i'm laughing even harder.
    From my launcher:

AUDIO
    * Addressed a bunch of audio issues with combat sounds being very quiet or not playing at all.

Soulwalker

is anyone hearing a high pitched sound also? i do periodically and its from the game not my speakers

I hear the occasional scratchy sound. I can't record it because it's random. It's almost like the audio of a footstep on the ground...but it's rather loud and random. I know it's the game. It's just too random to catch on video.

Soulwalker

Did they fix the center channel and rear (side) left and right channels not playing sound at all in 7.1 setups? In a 7.1 setup, RIFT only outputs at 4.1.

Soulwalker

My cleric tank seems fine now, all talents have a massive impact sound again!

But when I switch to Inquisitor (casting) everything is still damped.

Bolt of judgement and Bolt of Depravity for example have an extremely low cast volume and the impact of those bolts leave a sort of scratching sound. The kind you hear when your speakers are towards the end of their life cycle and go 'ssccrr' 'ssccrr' at every base tone.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Merlica View Post
    Same here - rogue damage sounds are very messed up. Also the backstab sound for Assassins is gone.
    isn't assasins supposed to be silent? just sayin....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sbaetens View Post
    My cleric tank seems fine now, all talents have a massive impact sound again!

But when I switch to Inquisitor (casting) everything is still damped.

Bolt of judgement and Bolt of Depravity for example have an extremely low cast volume and the impact of those bolts leave a sort of scratching sound. The kind you hear when your speakers are towards the end of their life cycle and go 'ssccrr' 'ssccrr' at every base tone.
    Spells which also produce a crackling sound:
    - Saction Herectic
    - Spiritual Deficiency
    - Excommunicate

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sbaetens View Post
    Spells which also produce a crackling sound:
    - Saction Herectic
    - Spiritual Deficiency
    - Excommunicate
    I know the video doesn't show much, but put the youtube q on 720p and listen closely, what you r able to hear tru youtube is about 25% of the crackling I can hear in game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsKV7m902o

Rift Master

Here's my overall assessment with hotfix #14.

Overall, I think the sounds are headed in the right direction. They are crisper and some abilities are louder than before. However, I still notice a few issues. For example, the Bolt of Judgement and Radiance (on my Justicar) and Icicle (on my Stormcaller) are still faint compared to the other abilities. They are crisp and clear, just too soft. On my Assassin, I like the sound of the daggers swishing in the air; however, I am not really able to distinguish between abilities and I think the sfx is still too light. I think the combat music is either not there or intermittent, so not sure if it was intentional.

A good improvement over 1.1, but still needs some additional work. Keep working on it, Trion. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast