+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 506

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sound Issues since 1.1

  1. #361
    Plane Walker StChoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    409

    Default

    One thing I want to add about the sound is that sounds that occur to the left/right/behind you sound much closer to you which makes you think something is right next to you until you realize is it 30 yards away.

  2. #362
    Plane Touched ShinChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pelham , AL
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at it. As many of you have noticed, we have generally avoided looping music in all the Zones. In a world where hours are spent, our feeling is that no matter how great the loop, constant music will get old after many many hearings. The music is intended to be part of the whole audio experience in terms of mood, drama and psychology, as well as to score events. We want it to be something that never gets tiresome to the point where players will turn it off and play itunes instead. We tried to create something that is rarely the same way twice, even though you'll become familiar with melodic elements that come in and out of the audio texture. With Sanctum, the idea is to create a place where the music fades in and out of the ambience in such a way to promote solemnity and quiet introspection. The ambience is full of many subtle details; distant footsteps, whispering, clothes rustling, etc. The music evokes the spiritual nature of the Guardians.

    But did you see what the other poster said , it plays for seconds , as in just a few seconds then that's it , - it played much longer and louder pre 1.1 for me. Music is something that's completely broke for me with the 1.1 patch as I can turn it up to 100% and it's still barely audible at best and only plays briefly.

    That's in addition to the horrific combat sounds since 1.1

    And sadly this again is on both gaming laptop and gaming pc with different soundcards in each.

    Out of the sab nerf to reaver nerf or pyro buff , the one thing I wish I could have back pre 1.1 patch is actually decent sound.

    Sorry to gripe , it's just nothing was wrong with my sound and music before but since 1.1 it's steadily making it where I want to play less and less.
    You can be a mature player and still have fun , you can not like 733t/spammer types and still not take everything too serious. Wanting to play without idiots named "pwnsauce" spamming chat about WoW is not that outlandish.

  3. #363
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Much of it has been re-vamped. To be honest, I don't know how long our changes will take to make it to live. I've got my head down at the moment and letting the ones who know that pipeline do their thing.
    I'm sad to see that it's going to be a "revamp" instead of a rollback. 1.0 sound was good; there was no need to mess with it. It sounds like you guys aren't willing to consider going back to the old sounds and think that the new ones are superior and just need tweaking... that's a shame. I guess I'll have to wait a few patches and see how it turns out.

  4. #364
    Telaran JohnD212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Much of it has been re-vamped. To be honest, I don't know how long our changes will take to make it to live. I've got my head down at the moment and letting the ones who know that pipeline do their thing.
    I think this probably says it all. I have never left an MMO because it has deliberately sabotaged itself. I think that is the case here. Strong launch - good product and then - ruined. I play now just because I wanted to see how this would play out. I don't see myself paying this much money each month to hear such ruined sounds. Shame on you Trion for ruining things. I haven't seen too many people defending the new sounds except for you. You don't revamp something that's been out less than 1 month. You give your players time to get used to it...then you test things and see how it's perceived. Take that lesson from Blizzard...who at least tests things as much as they can before releasing them on their paying customers. This is really a sad ending to the journey. Pathetic.

  5. #365
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post
    I think this probably says it all. I have never left an MMO because it has deliberately sabotaged itself. I think that is the case here. Strong launch - good product and then - ruined. I play now just because I wanted to see how this would play out. I don't see myself paying this much money each month to hear such ruined sounds. Shame on you Trion for ruining things. I haven't seen too many people defending the new sounds except for you. You don't revamp something that's been out less than 1 month. You give your players time to get used to it...then you test things and see how it's perceived. Take that lesson from Blizzard...who at least tests things as much as they can before releasing them on their paying customers. This is really a sad ending to the journey. Pathetic.
    They admitted the sound changes had adverse effects, and are actively working to correct them. It's been a week; granted, a long time for this to not be fixed or at least improved upon with 3 hotfixes since. But, I dont' see them "defending" the sounds in the way you implied. I think they did a nice job explaining why they made the change (for more range/dynamic sound, etc) and that, to me, is a good thing. I agree they should have tested this and I'm not sure why this fell through the cracks. I estimate I'm playing half to two-thirds as much as before the patch, even with the world event going on. And I certainly don't look forward to playing as much as I used to. It's not "ruined" for me yet, but I'm putting faith in Trion that this fix will not take too much longer. It is kinda getting old fast however. Something THIS noticeable and widespread should have gotten heaps of attention at Trion's HQ, IMO. For all we know it has. I have confidence a fix is in the works. I'm gonna hang in there and find out.
    Last edited by Gilandred; 04-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #366
    Telaran JohnD212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilandred View Post
    They admitted the sound changes had adverse effects, and are actively working to correct them. It's been a week; granted, a long time for this to not be fixed or at least improved upon with 3 hotfixes since. But, I dont' see them "defending" the sounds in the way you implied. I think they did a nice job explaining why they made the change (for more range/dynamic sound, etc) and that, to me, is a good thing. I agree they should have tested this and I'm not sure why this fell through the cracks. I estimate I'm playing half to two-thirds as much as before the patch, even with the world event going on. And I certainly don't look forward to playing as much as I used to. It's not "ruined" for me yet, but I'm putting faith in Trion that this fix will not take too much longer. It is kinda getting old fast however. Something THIS noticeable and widespread should have gotten heaps of attention at Trion's HQ, IMO. For all we know it has. I have confidence a fix is in the works. I'm gonna hang in there and find out.
    I guess I see where you're coming from. It just sounded like they were saying they had no idea when there would be any changes coming down the pipe. I already struggle with so many games to play and so little time. Rift was a pleasant surprise (I hadn't planned to buy it). I worry that without our constant moaning about this that this issue will slowly fade in the background and they'll focus on getting us 12 more vanity pets...ugh!

  7. #367
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post
    this issue will slowly fade in the background and they'll focus on getting us 12 more vanity pets...ugh!
    This isn't NCSoft and Aion....lol

  8. #368
    Telaran JohnD212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilandred View Post
    This isn't NCSoft and Aion....lol
    Well it is so far. Collections pay off by giving you pets...these death rifts basically pay off with vanity pets....ugh.

    Here's an example of decent sword sounds....

    http://youtu.be/2E1wo0NYsyU

  9. #369
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Significant change is coming. "Re-vamped" does not mean the entirety of the sound in the whole game. Maybe it was a poorly chosen word. But in any case, many changes have been checked in in the past week. Once they get through the pipeline, they'll go Live.

  10. #370
    Telaran JohnD212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Significant change is coming. "Re-vamped" does not mean the entirety of the sound in the whole game. Maybe it was a poorly chosen word. But in any case, many changes have been checked in in the past week. Once they get through the pipeline, they'll go Live.
    Thank you for the response. Obviously my rant is because I really do enjoy playing Rift and will fight to keep it enjoyable. I look forward to seeing what changes are coming. Now I just wish you had a quest in game that would let me learn patience!

  11. #371
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Much of it has been re-vamped. To be honest, I don't know how long our changes will take to make it to live. I've got my head down at the moment and letting the ones who know that pipeline do their thing.
    Thank you, at least we know that there will be a change.

    Btw, yesterday i noticed that i don't hear the combat-music any more. That could be another reason why fighting feels so empty/boring since that patch.
    Last edited by Markus71; 04-06-2011 at 09:56 PM.

  12. #372
    Telaran BBgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Significant change is coming. "Re-vamped" does not mean the entirety of the sound in the whole game. Maybe it was a poorly chosen word. But in any case, many changes have been checked in in the past week. Once they get through the pipeline, they'll go Live.
    Awesome

    I thought some sounds were already fixed. I noticed a lot less thuds on my ranger today, his daggers had the same sharp sounds as pre-1.1. There are still stuff broken thought, not saying it's perfect =)


    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post
    Well it is so far. Collections pay off by giving you pets...these death rifts basically pay off with vanity pets....ugh.

    Here's an example of decent sword sounds....

    http://youtu.be/2E1wo0NYsyU
    Horrible arcade sounds imo, really showcase bad, compressed sounds that CrazyChester explained earlier.
    Last edited by BBgun; 04-06-2011 at 10:03 PM.

  13. #373
    Shadowlander Shoklar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Sound effects are now a complete joke, and totally ruined the atmosphere of the game. Now- you can stand almost under a rift and not even hardly hear it. This game has gone from good to worse in a horribly short time.

  14. #374
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    Significant change is coming. "Re-vamped" does not mean the entirety of the sound in the whole game. Maybe it was a poorly chosen word.
    Great news ! The sound quality is so poor today,it should be not so hard to do something better.

  15. #375
    Telaran JohnD212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post
    Well it is so far. Collections pay off by giving you pets...these death rifts basically pay off with vanity pets....ugh.

    Here's an example of decent sword sounds....

    http://youtu.be/2E1wo0NYsyU
    I certainly was not saying the sound effects in this clip are what I would hope for..but for a free to play game at least you sound powerful. Rift doesn't have that now...my sword going thud thud thud over and over...and the enemy hitting with thud thud thud is just as bad....put them all together and YIKES! Almost sends me running for the free to play games but we have hope this will change in the future. Near future I hope!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts