+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WARNING: If you've rooted your Android, read this before using the Authenticator!!!

Sid
    Plane Touched

Default WARNING: If you've rooted your Android, read this before using the Authenticator!!!

The Authenticator WILL NOT work after installing a new ROM!!

I installed the Rift Authenticator, activated it with my Trion account successfully.

I then wiped my phone and installed a different ROM (like reinstalling an OS) and re downloaded the Rift Authenticator App.

Just like the first time you load the app it gives two options, Setup and Help. When you click set up you get the a popup message saying

This device has already been registered with a Trion Account. Please contact Trion Customer Support
    Currently on the phone with Trion Customer Support regarding this issue and by the sounds of it, i'm the first person calling with this issue..
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Shadowlander

what normally happens when you go into the setup menu after registering the serial key?

does it allow you to generate another serial causing the authenticator to not work since its already registered with another serial?

Sid
    Plane Touched

Trion had to remove my Authenticator from my account and all is good now.
    If you install custom ROM's on your phone, you won't want to use the Authenticator.
    Those are words straight from Trion Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaznar View Post
    what normally happens when you go into the setup menu after registering the serial key?

does it allow you to generate another serial causing the authenticator to not work since its already registered with another serial?
    @Kaznar, once you register the Authenticator, the App will no longer allow you to get a new serial key. If you try to generate a new serial key it will tell you it's already been registered with this device. All you'll need to do is click "View Security Code" on the main screen on the Authenticator App and use that to log in to the game.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

+ Reply to Thread