Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    im new to rift and i want to upgrade my graphic card. my computer is a :
    intel core 2 quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz
    4.0 GB of RAM
    using windows vista
    NVIDIA GeForce 210

Im not good with computers so any help would rock. thanks in advance
    Isn't the 210 an integrated chipset? Not sure, but I think it is...

In any case, we need to know if you even have a PCI Express slot available.

if you have the cash, you can get the card i got, its the revised version from Nvidea, i got teh Nvidea GTX 580 it's pricey though. Through my computer guy, with taxes i paid 552$ CAD But other places like best buy and future shop and other computer places i see it for 600+ but if you want a good card and it isnt too bad of a price id go with the Nvidea GTX 460, i thin i saw them from between 250-350$
    ~|\|() /\/\ER[Y F()R T|-|E \/\/E/-\|{~

~|\|() PITY F()R T|-|E |}YI|\|G~

~|\|() TE/-\RS F()R T|-|E S|_/-\ ||\|~

/-\$/\/\()|}/-\|_|$

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Put Bunny into your sig to help him
    (")_(") take over the world.

Shard: Deepwood----- Asmodaus- Champ/BM/PALLY- LVL 50- Guild- Proud member of Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodaus View Post
    if you have the cash, you can get the card i got, its the revised version from Nvidea, i got teh Nvidea GTX 580 it's pricey though. Through my computer guy, with taxes i paid 552$ CAD But other places like best buy and future shop and other computer places i see it for 600+ but if you want a good card and it isnt too bad of a price id go with the Nvidea GTX 460, i thin i saw them from between 250-350$
    Considering USD and CAD are essentially even in value, I feel I should let you know that you overpaid. Newegg lists EVGA Superclocked edition GTX 580s for cheaper than you paid for your regular one. Best buy always overcharges this is no new news

You can also get quality 460s for under $200.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Soulwalker

awesome thanks for the help. Will the geforce 460's let me run the game on hig/ultra. Might as well go to the top if I'm going to upgrade lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    Considering USD and CAD are essentially even in value, I feel I should let you know that you overpaid. Newegg lists EVGA Superclocked edition GTX 580s for cheaper than you paid for your regular one. Best buy always overcharges this is no new news

You can also get quality 460s for under $200.
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...ga+gtx+460+1gb

Though this isnt always true, Troll. I have seen pretty large disparagements in pricing for some products from canada to US.

To the OP...I am running a GTX 465 1gb card and can turn everything up but AA, and still get 20 FPS. I usually play on high setting and running the 30 to 40 FPS range which is acceptable for most people.
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Default heya

You should check out nvidias website and look to buy from www.newegg.com, www.amazon.com, or www.tigerdirect.com, those are pretty much the only places I buy my computer stuff from.

I'm using an intel core 2 duo cpu e8400 @ 3.00ghz
    4gb RAM
    Windows 7 64bit OS
    nvidia 580gtx gpu

I run everything to the max and get around 26-46 fps in game depending what I am doing. When it gets populated at a rift or town I get the lower 26-32 fps range. Better than the 4-6 fps I got on my 8800 GT with everything maxed. Actually ran so smooth with the 8800 gt i didnt believe what it was telling me. Upgraded my card and I see a diff, but not a 500$ difference to be honest. I need to get more ram and a new motherboard, perhaps a better cpu as well to take full advantage of the power of the 580gtx graphics card. I also haven't messed with my BIOS since upgrading my card so....

I hear they have a new 590gtx out now...I haven't looked at it yet so don't know the specs, just know it came out a month after i bought the "best" and so I'm too mad to look. haha.

Shadowlander

Cap,

Since it looks like your original graphics were integrated, besides making sure your motherboard has the PCI express 2.0 slot open for the card, check your power supply can handle it as well. The 460 will need 160W, so you might even squeeze by with a 350 or 400W power supply, though I'd want more. But I'm no expert, I just know it's something to look into.

+ Reply to Thread