+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug in Rift Patcher & Recovery button...

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Bug in Rift Patcher & Recovery button...

Hi all,

Been having 2 problems for a while on a Windows 7 SP1 system:

- The patcher works but then says "Doesn't match what was expeceted".
    - Recovery constantly fails irrespective of connectivity.

Both of these items are related - at least on my system and it is related to an re-parse point mapped SSD Drive.

I have a Game directory off my main drive, i.e. C:\Game, however this is actually my second internally mounted HDD (re-parse point).

Inside of this is all my games, however some games then have their directory mounted onto a portion of a internal fast SSD to speed up loading.

And this is where the problem is, RiFT is installed at C:\Game\RIFT Game with my "RiFT Game" directory mounted on the SDD. While the operating system knows where this actually is, most programs and API's don't so they just think it is at C:\Game\RiFT Game, however not all OS API's do.

Looking at the riftpatch log gives a clue...

[Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Fetching file info for riftpatch.9.log
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Fetching file info for riftpatchlive.exe
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Fetching file info for selfpatchlive.exe
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Listing .\\System Volume Information\*.*
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Failed to list directory System Volume Information (error 22)
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Failed to generate manifest for '.\'
    [Fri 25. Mar 07:11:33 2011] Cannot recover at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. (Error #1012) (#1012, last message: Failed to list directory System Volume Information (error 22))
    The enumeration of the files and folders in the directory C:\Game\RiFT Game is also enumerating the hidden operating system files for the HDD/SSD (which should be ignored, in this case "System Volume Information") and this is why it is failing in the patcher (works but gives error) and recovery (doesn't work at all).

Moving files into a directory of the C:\Game mounted one call "RiFT Game" works (i.e. removing the re-parse point)

I believe this is a bug, maybe not of the highest priority however it does show that the enumeration files process is incorrectly trying to process files which are not user created by OS realted which it should not even go near.

Hope this helps anybody else with a similar problem.

Now if I can only figure out why I get a Blue ? on a white background of the front loader left hand side and not flash ad I am all set.
    Last edited by Zabeard; 03-25-2011 at 01:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread