+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back to desktop every 2 minutes, any help?

Default Back to desktop every 2 minutes, any help?

Hi! i have been playing RIFt for couple of weeks now, everything has been running well until now.
    Every time I start rift it returns me to my desktop and I have to click on the rift icon on my taskbar to get back there again. And every 1-2 minutes in game it does the same thing. I scanned my comp but found no viruses or keyloggers or anything. It started doing it today after i patched Hotfix #10, never before thi has happened. im running Windows 7-32 bit, havent changed anything since i bought RIFt on my computer.

Any Help?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Knight View Post
    Hi! i have been playing RIFt for couple of weeks now, everything has been running well until now.
    Every time I start rift it returns me to my desktop and I have to click on the rift icon on my taskbar to get back there again. And every 1-2 minutes in game it does the same thing. I scanned my comp but found no viruses or keyloggers or anything. It started doing it today after i patched Hotfix #10, never before thi has happened. im running Windows 7-32 bit, havent changed anything since i bought RIFt on my computer.

Any Help?
    Have you checked on the priority setting for rift while it's running? If you're not sure how to do this, start the game up and then go to your task manager (cntr+alt+delete), click the process tab, find the rift application that's running and right click on it, mouse down to set priority. It should be set at normal or higher.

I'm not saying this is what's happening to you, but I had a similar problem about a week ago. Rift was set at a low priority while running for some reason, and other applications would force the app to minimize. Odd behavior, but changing the priority of Rift seemed to fix it.

I hope this helps. Somebody else might have more suggestions for you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Brigg9; 03-25-2011 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread