Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freezing

Soulwalker

Default Freezing

Alright, i believe this is the second time. My computer randomly freezes while playing rift. Only game that does this too. Im running a..

2.6ghz Quad core, with a Radeon HD 5770, 6.00 GB(RAM), Windows 7 64 bit

Pritty decent computer o-o and the game runs PERFECTLY smooth. Just sense i started Rift Release the other day. I got 2 random times then and now where my computer randomly freezes when i play. I wonder if anyone is having a similar issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ArecArws View Post
    Alright, i believe this is the second time. My computer randomly freezes while playing rift. Only game that does this too. Im running a..

2.6ghz Quad core, with a Radeon HD 5770, 6.00 GB(RAM), Windows 7 64 bit

Pritty decent computer o-o and the game runs PERFECTLY smooth. Just sense i started Rift Release the other day. I got 2 random times then and now where my computer randomly freezes when i play. I wonder if anyone is having a similar issue?

This is the same as my setup, except I have a 2.9 GHz dual core. Sometimes I can play for hours without a crash, and sometimes it'll crash several times in 10 minutes. Today, crashed 2x in about 5 minutes while respeccing in front of the warrior trainer in Sanctum.
    KILL THE DUDE WITH THE THING!
    http://www.dansopel.com/mourkain_lesson.jpg

Your computer freezing while playing this game is a common indicator of either overheating or driver issue. Monitor your temps while in game and see if they are getting about 80~90 degrees Celsius.

For the drivers it's up to you, there's plenty of posts we've filled out previously on how to do a clean sweep and reinstall.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zwimox View Post
    Your computer freezing while playing this game is a common indicator of either overheating or driver issue. Monitor your temps while in game and see if they are getting about 80~90 degrees Celsius.

For the drivers it's up to you, there's plenty of posts we've filled out previously on how to do a clean sweep and reinstall.
    Temps are fine, and drivers are current. It's not my computer.

The OP, perhaps, but not not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterlister View Post
    Temps are fine, and drivers are current. It's not my computer.

The OP, perhaps, but not not for me.
    Well if it isn't the computer then the only thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall the game.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Well if it isn't the computer then the only thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall the game.
    I have installed it in 2 different locations, on different drives. Both always check out okay using the recover option on the launcher, and the problem existed before the second installation, so it's not that either. Both exhibit the same issue.

Soulwalker

my computer doesnt even heat up. Cool to touch.

Soulwalker

Default Same issue

I get the freeze, sometimes with the sound loop others without, seems to happen randomly when i open the map, if map does not open right away i know im about to crash, at this point i can keep playing for like 5-10 secs, then it will freeze, im running real temp for cpu and evga precision to monitor gpus, running under 70c (watercooled), after a few crashes game will tell me to recover and it downloads a 380mb patch again, im also noticing my 3rd core topped off at time of crash. To many people with the same exact prob, they just need to fix it. Ive ran all test on PC, and not that you need a computer science degree but i do have one, gets frustrating when so many people have the same issue and they keep sending us on wild goose chases.

im running

win 7
    i7 920
    6 gigs
    2x gtx 480 in sli
    swiftech watercooling(cpu and gpus)

Soulwalker

I just froze again, and i wasn even moving into a map. Just walking... is there any way to reverse the freeze without force shut downing your PC?

Soulwalker

I've had the random freeze issue as well. For me the screen image freezes for 5-15 seconds but I can still move my mouse icon around the screen and hear all the music/sound effects as they are occuring in real time. Luckily I've never had it turn into a full blown crash or game restart. A friend of mine has the (almost) same exact computer as me. He might freeze once in a blue moon while I on the other hand will have this freeze issue every couple hours of game play.
    Ducktape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Soulwalker

Default Finding commonality

From the few that have posted specs, I'm not seeing much commonality between systems.

I've checked my event viewer and that only thing I can say that stands out is \SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver., though this could be unrelated, does anyone else have this that is having their comp freezing/lock-up?

Soulwalker

Well, I confirmed a freeze occurs after alt-tabbing and then re-entering the game. I run full screen so I can utilize Crossfire.

I guess no more alt-tabbing for now. >.<

Soulwalker

Default is there any way?

i just wait like 30 secs and the game closes, just wait after it freezes to see if that saves you a restart, for me its the game crashing not my pc

Soulwalker

Default PC not crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Eliasm View Post
    I get the freeze, sometimes with the sound loop others without, seems to happen randomly when i open the map, if map does not open right away i know im about to crash, at this point i can keep playing for like 5-10 secs, then it will freeze, im running real temp for cpu and evga precision to monitor gpus, running under 70c (watercooled), after a few crashes game will tell me to recover and it downloads a 380mb patch again, im also noticing my 3rd core topped off at time of crash. To many people with the same exact prob, they just need to fix it. Ive ran all test on PC, and not that you need a computer science degree but i do have one, gets frustrating when so many people have the same issue and they keep sending us on wild goose chases.

im running

win 7
    i7 920
    6 gigs
    2x gtx 480 in sli
    swiftech watercooling(cpu and gpus)
    just wanted to add im crashing to desktop after the game freezes, so i can see all the information the temp monitors have recorded and all is ok, again, its only the game crashing

Ascendant

For those having freezing issues, try this:

1. Click on the Start Button
    2. Click the Run option
    3. Type "Cmd" without quotation marks
    4. In the command prompt shell, type "netsh winsock reset" without quotation marks
    5. Restart your computer and attempt to launch the game.

This is acutally a reponse from Trion after ONLY 4 weeks of waiting. Great turnaround dudes! Anyway my system isn't freezing anymore because I've already upgraded. But this is still worth a shot.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast