+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green checkerboard graphical glitches and brief lockups

Soulwalker

Question Green checkerboard graphical glitches and brief lockups

While running rift I am getting brief lockups (1-2 seconds) and also randomly a bright green checkboard pattern will pop up on my screen for about 0.2 seconds. These problems occur separately and fairly often (1-2x/minute). It started as soon as I ran the game the first time. I ran recover and it stopped. Then after a patch it started doing it again. Recover says it's up to date and doesn't fix it. (Today after patching, the client said files were corrupted and to run Recover, but when I did that, it said the game was up to date. The corrupt file message then went away.)

The checkerboarding and brief lockups seem to occur regardless of graphics settings. I run in Ultra or High with a great framerate, but the glitches still occur frequently in lower graphics settings as well.

specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    intel i7 950 @ 3.07ghz
    nvidia gtx 285
    6gb corsair dominator ram
    creative SB X-Fi

-temperatures seem to be well within normal range.

-just updated my video card driver from nvidia website yesterday and it didn't help at all.

any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

edit: the green checkerboard pops up over top of the game very briefly and goes away. these glitches ONLY occur in Rift. Other games seem to run fine.
    Last edited by redarray; 03-23-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Chipset drivers updated?

Soulwalker

yes just updated through intel website and reset. did not help. the interesting thing to me is the fact that it stopped after the original recover i ran.

+ Reply to Thread