+ Reply to Thread

Thread: getting "failed to connect to authentication server" message after patch

Soulwalker

Default getting "failed to connect to authentication server" message after patch

when i login and press play, i get the message saying "failed to connect to authentication server", and sometimes it lets me get into the game while disconnecting me every couple of seconds, or it just doesnt load the game. are the servers down?

Soulwalker

Exclamation Same here - Error #2005, also error #1006

Ayup, I'm getting same message:

"Failed to connect to the authentication server (error #2005)" - when I click play

once the update button appeared in the play button's place I get this:

" Failed to download remote manifest (Error #1006)" .

OP; 20 views, 0 replies, we're on the 3rd page. It's not looking good for us getting any instruction on fixing this. I suggest we bump. At the very least their opportunities to review our posts and ignore them could reach astronomical amounts.

Just kidding. Hoping this problem gets some attention soon. My second day playing. I haven't even seen enough content to decide if I want to keep playing or not. NOT being able to play on MY SECOND DAY does not appear to be a good omen though.

Guess, we'll see...

Soulwalker

Default New Error - #1012

Okay so I got around the #1006 by hitting recover and it fired up automatically. Also promptly popped up with the #2005 error.

After Update finished I got this:

"Cannot recover at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. (Error #1012)"

Hmm... Do I really need to say anything else here? 3 different errors in the space of a few minutes on my second day of owning this game. Here's my shoes, not even a mile is necessary. 20 - 30 yds. should easily communicate my elation and satisfaction.

P.S Is there a special Achievement for collecting all the errors? And do I get a special mount or something, like one who is uncontrollable and completely random in it's behavior? Just a suggegestion if there isn't such a thing already. Just seems appropriate somehow .

Soulwalker

Default Nother new one #1034

Seems to have felt like patching again. No sense in me speculating why.

Anywho, this time I got this new shiny gem:

"Network operation timed out. Please check your connection (Error #1034)"

Network connection is fine.

I will now recommence breath holding where I left off a few minutes ago. I'm serious about the Achievement and special Mount though. Give us something to stick around for whilst money is siphoned from our accounts/credit cards for the overwhelming excitement at seeing what new errors we can dig up.

Gotta say though, I got a lot more excitement from adventuring in your graphically beautiful new MMO. I'm leaning towards hopefully getting back to that state of game play as opposed to the Achievement and Autistic Mount.

If you guys could hook that up for me it'd be super. 'Preciate it.

Soulwalker

Unhappy Failed to connect to the authentication server (error #2005)

I have resently got a new computer and have not been able to log in at all all I get is "Failed to connect to the authentication server (error #2005)" if anyone can think of anything that I may have needed to install plz let me know like I said it is new (like had it 2 days now) , all my othere games work

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices: AMD Radeon HD 6800 X2

any little thing that I may be needing to fix this problem would be good

Cheers TOUROK (aka: TOUR)

i've (sorry, but) thankfully not had a 2005 myself yet, but i've spent a significant amount of time working through it with a half dozen folks.

at this point, hopefully along with posting on the forum you've searched the forum for what's fixed other folks 2005 errors.

login to riftgame.com and change your password. verify that the date and time on your computer are accurate, preferably to within a second or two. ( http://time.gov/ ) if that has not helped, turn the clock on your computer BACK one hour, and try again. if that has not helped, turn the clock on your computer FORWARD two hours (one, to bring you back to "correct" and one additional) and try again. if That does not work then you're going to have to file a ticket in their tech support system
    VERIFY THE DAY, MONTH AND YEAR ON YOUR MACHINE ARE CORRECT. Not just the time.

http://trionworlds.custhelp.com
    file a ticket with their tech support. either something's wrong on their end, your ISP is blocking something, or you got caught in the great plat scammer purge =/

GL!

Soulwalker

hmm I dont see Australia on that time link

Soulwalker

just reading over my post and that and this pocked out
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrel View Post
    VERIFY THE DAY, MONTH AND YEAR ON YOUR MACHINE ARE CORRECT. Not just the time.
    I looked in the corner and seen 28/11/10 changed that and now have game

THANK YOU SO MUCH

and F@#$ it looks HEAPS better in the grafics

Soulwalker

'Nother patch - 'nother batch. Of errors that is.

Error # 1012 this time.

In case anyine else has this issue, I managed to fix it by clicking the recover button. Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread