+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gamepads

Soulwalker

Default Gamepads

I was in an accident and type really slow. I bought a USB controller to remedy that problem. I use "Xpadder" as the program to convert my controller buttons into keystrokes, but Rift isn't acknowledging anything. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshot View Post
    I was in an accident and type really slow. I bought a USB controller to remedy that problem. I use "Xpadder" as the program to convert my controller buttons into keystrokes, but Rift isn't acknowledging anything. Suggestions?
    Pressing W, A, S, D, and Q, 2, E, and space keys are all that are really needed if you write a couple macros and set up key bindings, and require moving a finger about an eighth of an inch to accomplish - far less physical movement than using a game pad. You could even use the left shift key as a modifier and double the amount of keys you have in that range.

Not the answer your looking for, sorry.
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 03-23-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Soulwalker

I've had a n52te for say 2 years now? Not sure if it's the problem you're having, but to me it's alot more comfortable to use than the standard keyboard positioning for your hand, odds are I'm missing the point as to why you don't/can't use a keyboard efficiently. But if you're set on using something like a xbox controller I doubt you could use it without some software that converts the button presses to a keyboard press. Durp missed your point....: probably have to run xpadder as admin so it goes into effect while playing?
    Last edited by Briyan; 03-23-2011 at 11:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread