+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rift on different systems

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Rift on different systems

    I use different computers to play Rift. But on every system I have to create a new character 'cause none of the other created on one of the other systems appears in my character list ? Is this normal ?

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Yes, very normal. Once you get to level 50 on one character after 1week playing non stop, you'll need to create another character from scratch if you change computers.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Did you check that you're on the same shard on the other computers?
    Last edited by Niekvdm; 03-23-2011 at 02:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BuZz View Post
    Yes, very normal. Once you get to level 50 on one character after 1week playing non stop, you'll need to create another character from scratch if you change computers.

    So I can't switch characters on different systems like it is possible in wow ?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niekvdm View Post
    Did you check that you're on the same shard on the other computers?

    I created 2 characters on 2 different shards ? Could that be the problem ?

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Well, from what i read i assume you want to play the same character on the other computers? Right?

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niekvdm View Post
    Well, from what i read i assume you want to play the same character on the other computers? Right?

    Yes, indeed.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Just select the same shard and you'll be able to play on the same characters as you did on the "other" computer.

    Also it should say how many characters are on the shards when you're looking at the Shard selection page.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niekvdm View Post
    Just select the same shard and you'll be able to play on the same characters as you did on the "other" computer.

    Also it should say how many characters are on the shards when you're looking at the Shard selection page.
    When I get the Shard list, apparently I have 0 characters in all of them.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Oh you might have selected the American/european server.
    You can change it to the appropriate server in the launcher.

    When you open the rift launcher it should say "Settings" at the bottom click on that and it will say "Region" change it to the region that you would like to play on or/ where you created your characters.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts