+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need assistance: Dual Monitor Question

Default Need assistance: Dual Monitor Question

I have a dual monitor setup. I want to be able to have the game run in the second monitor so I have access to my desktop. I have it set to Windowed Fullscreen but it will not let me choose which monitor to assign it to.

How can I get Rift to launch in the monitor 2 position? Is there a setting in game that does this?

Any tips would be greatly appreicated.
    FUAH

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
    I have a dual monitor setup. I want to be able to have the game run in the second monitor so I have access to my desktop. I have it set to Windowed Fullscreen but it will not let me choose which monitor to assign it to.

How can I get Rift to launch in the monitor 2 position? Is there a setting in game that does this?

Any tips would be greatly appreicated.
    You can't, not really. The game is launched to your primary monitor. If your primary monitor is on the left then that's the one it launches on.

The "solution" to this is to make your other monitor the primary monitor and move the task bar, shortcuts, and everything else from one monitor to the other. That way everything looks the way it did before but Windows treats your "second" monitor as the primary one.

Basically it's a "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" type "fix," not an actual fix which can't be done. Very few games actually let you dictate what monitor the output goes to, and of that small number the only two I actually know of are World of Warcraft and EVE Online.

Run the game in windowed mode and move the window to your 2nd monitor. Thats what i do it works fine.

Ok thank you.

Was hoping I did not have to make the adjustment you suggested. Gues I will have to.

Thanks again.
    FUAH

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    Run the game in windowed mode and move the window to your 2nd monitor. Thats what i do it works fine.
    That can sometimes cause a performance hit depending on how the game is designed. I'd be very cautious doing something like that. Then there's the less significant, but potentially annoying, aspect of having the windowed mode frame around the game client all the time.

Options all have their tradeoffs though.

Soulwalker

Default Re:

If you have an ATI card you can get ATI hydravison and assign it to the the secondary monitor by loading the game in windowed mode, move it to the second monitor then right click the title bar and select assign to grid. Then just switch it to fullscreen. Done

+ Reply to Thread