+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird very localised lag situation on Quicksliver last night

Prophet of Telara

Default Weird very localised lag situation on Quicksliver last night

Had a very bad, localised lag on Quicksilver last night which only affected Scarlet Gorge.

Basically, you could go all the way down from the zone point from Stonefield to the bottom of the lift and anywhere east or north of it (ie. the mine and up to the top of the lift and beyond) and things were fine.

BUT, if you went west of the lift to the Scarlet Gorge itself to do the 'free the miners' and other quests there lag was insane, like 5+ seconds to respond to an action. If you ran out of that area and back to the lift, or up the hill until the area name changed from 'Scarlet Gorge' lag stopped; go back to the Gorge lag returned.

I tried this on one PC using two totally different ISPs, traceroutes showed nothing important on either, and a friend who logs in from the US was in the area also noted huge lag confined to Scarlet Gorge.

My guess is that the Gorge is on a different server system than the other parts of the zone, certainly it seemed like that.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 03-22-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Soulwalker

Heatherfield shard has the same problem. Moonshade Highlands and some other areas are unplayable. Been like that for a few days now. Hopefully the server restart will fix it.

Shadowlander

Zones are usualy split between different servers, that why you can see x amount of people in the same zone drop at once while you run around happy spanking npcs with your +1 paddle of spanking.

So this can be related to that the server was overloaded for some reason or maybe the routing to that server went over a different network which caused the problem all together.

Hopefully these latency issues will be ironed out soon enough

Soulwalker

Same problem last night for me as well in Scarlet Gorge on the Estrael shard. Running along questing fine, 56-65 ms latency ... bang, 2k latency for like 5 - 8 seconds. Randomly throughout the evening. More testing tonight. PITA though.

Prophet of Telara

How can you see the in-game latency? I've looked for a setting to show it but so far have failed to find it.

Soulwalker

mouse over the little "computer" icon in on the menu bar in game. It will show you. It also changes color from green to yellow to red when things aren't going so well =)

+ Reply to Thread