+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Please run recover option....."

Default "Please run recover option....."

So, after struggling with this stupid message for nearly 2 weeks I finally decided to reformat my PC because I figured hey, it's been a while and maybe there was an issue going on on MY side. As I suspected, Rift is to blame.

After being in the game for 5 min tops I get the dreaded message "The Rift client was unable to load some data because it appears to be corrupted. This can cause visual bugs and crashes. Please run the 'recover' option from the patcher as soon as possible." Nearly 30 seconds AFTER I get this message graphics start disappearing and the game freezes and prompts me that Rift has encountered an error and click ok to send an error report to Trion.

Now, I just did a FRESH install of windows (the only thing on my PC atm is Rift) and yet I STILL get this message after the first time of running it. What is going on here?

i7 920 stock, crossfire 5870 X's 2, 6gb ddr3 corsair with EXCEPTIONAL cooling. Is anyone else experiencing this nonesense? Because I gotta say.... my free month is about up and I would love to keep "playing"... but like.... I can't.

Thanks in advance.

Bump.......

Ascendant

Have you stress tested both GPU's individually? Almost sounds like an issue with one of your GPU's.
    Last edited by C-BuZz; 03-21-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

No, I have not stress tested each card individually. But I am curious why it would say that my DATA for the game is corrupt if it was a GPU issue?

Thanks for the response, please continue!

Rift Chaser

So you formatted you PC and reinstalled the game?
    Did you redownload the game to reinstall?
    Or did you use the game files you had allready downloaded (which may have a bit of corrup data in it that comes to the fore after patching)?
    Did you actualy click on the recover button at the patcher screen so that it checked your game install and downloaded any data to fix it?

PSU wattage?
    Last edited by Cathgar; 03-21-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Fresh download and reinstall, not from a restore point or backup. When I run the Recover feature it says "everyhting is already up to date".

850 watt corrsair PSU, it's more than enough. Been running this system for a lil while now. I can play WoW with ZERO issues for HOURS on end with crossfire enabled.

I currently have the exact same issue, i first though my comp had a virus or some crap but after i totally reinstalled my windows and nothing but rift to try well randomnly my game crashs and asks to recover, so over and over through the day i end up recovering between 200 mo and 500 mo data for like no reason ?
    Some other times it just says everything is already up to date just like rdstrpe
    Last edited by Aunshi; 03-21-2011 at 11:17 PM.

i've had a similar issue a few times, restarting the game 3-4 times cleared it for me, without running the repair option, and it's been 4-5 days since the last time..

i'd suggest exiting out and starting over a few times

Well, glad to see that I am not alone here. Wish we could get some answers from Trion.

Soulwalker

To be honest, such a randomly appearing issue would point to a fault with either one or more of your RAM chips or with your hard drive.

Get memtest86 out and also try and find your HDD manufacturer's HDD diagnostic tool(s) and scan your hard drive for faulty sectors.
    I read about the ill effects of chocolate and alcohol recently so I have decided to give up reading

Well I actually ran MEMtest overnight and came back with 0 issues. Maybe a SATA port is going bad or something? Guess I can switch it a few times and see if it keeps happening.

I will keep yall posted.

Rift Chaser

It's not a problem with your hardware. I get the same message with zero consequences in game, I just ignore it at this point because I tried recovery and it did nothing to fix the issue.

Trion needs to find out what is causing this issue and let us know.

Do you have a different HDD you could attempt to install on? It's always possible your HDD is faulty, causing corrupt files.

CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67 RAM: 8 G.SKILL Ripjaws X (1600, running @ 2400) GPUs: 2 x 460GTX's Monitors: 3 x ASUS VG236 w/ Nvidia 3D kit SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 240GB

Quote Originally Posted by thatbloke View Post
    To be honest, such a randomly appearing issue would point to a fault with either one or more of your RAM chips or with your hard drive.

Get memtest86 out and also try and find your HDD manufacturer's HDD diagnostic tool(s) and scan your hard drive for faulty sectors.
    Yeah I was also going to say it may be your ram or a hard drive taking a crap... It happens

Telaran

I have the same problem. Not to mention that the game keeps crashing every now and then...

Fix your game ffs...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast