+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comp locks up and Screen goes a solid color

Shadowlander

Default Comp locks up and Screen goes a solid color

First off I looked through 15 pages @ 50 per page and found nothing similar, so I did try and RTFM.

This mainly happens when I zone into shimmersand, but it has happened once in an instance. My screen goes a solid color, normally green but its been orange and blue before. and I cant do anything to get out of it. The only solution is to hold down the power button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sicc View Post
    First off I looked through 15 pages @ 50 per page and found nothing similar, so I did try and RTFM.

This mainly happens when I zone into shimmersand, but it has happened once in an instance. My screen goes a solid color, normally green but its been orange and blue before. and I cant do anything to get out of it. The only solution is to hold down the power button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This also happens to me and I can't find a fix. My computer can play this game ultra with no problem, so it's not a requirement thing. I have googled this problem as well and have found many, many people having the same problem and no fix. It also seems the locations are different for everyone. For example, it happens to me in normal DSM and FC, but not expert for the most part. Sometimes it will happen elsewhere, but very rare. If anyone finds a fix, please post here. For all we know, it could just be a fix that needs to be done by Trion being it is a new MMO and they tend to come with many different problems.

I just wanted to add that this never happend to me in beta, which I had played since week 2.
    Last edited by Lucifur; 03-24-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Same...

My problem is the same, but maybe not quite as bad as yours. I've frozen with a blue screen (not bsod) on 2 occasions. I also had to recycle power to get out of it.

I am running at 1920x1200 resolution but the game is not at highest settings. Generally the game will play well, it has only crashed this way twice.

specs are:
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    BFG GTX-260
    C2D E8500
    4G RAM

+ Reply to Thread