+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: another low FPS Thread, can you help me? :[

Soulwalker

Default another low FPS Thread, can you help me? :[

Hey Guys,

first of all sorry 4 my english. I'm from Germany.

Well I have a few problems with Rift.
    While I'm solo (or 5 man Group) playing I'm running > 60 FPS. In Sanctum or Raids I can achieve max. 23 FPS.

That's my system:

Nvidia GTX 570
    4 GB RAM
    Phenom II X4 BE @ 3,8 GHZ

If I change graphic settings I can't get more FPS. Just 1 or 2. If I set them to max I lose just 1 or 2 FPS.
    Normally my CPU is on 3,2 GHZ. With this I had 20 FPS. Now I'm running 3,8 and just got 3 FPS from overclocking.

In the backround there are no other programms running and my system is on 44.
    Has anyone an idea what I can do to fix my FPS while in Raid/Rift Events/Sanctum?

Thanks in advance
    ~sn00ze

Quote Originally Posted by sn00ze View Post
    Hey Guys,

first of all sorry 4 my english. I'm from Germany.

Well I have a few problems with Rift.
    While I'm solo (or 5 man Group) playing I'm running > 60 FPS. In Sanctum or Raids I can achieve max. 23 FPS.

That's my system:

Nvidia GTX 570
    4 GB RAM
    Phenom II X4 BE @ 3,8 GHZ

If I change graphic settings I can't get more FPS. Just 1 or 2. If I set them to max I lose just 1 or 2 FPS.
    Normally my CPU is on 3,2 GHZ. With this I had 20 FPS. Now I'm running 3,8 and just got 3 FPS from overclocking.

In the backround there are no other programms running and my system is on 44.
    Has anyone an idea what I can do to fix my FPS while in Raid/Rift Events/Sanctum?

Thanks in advance
    ~sn00ze
    Look in your rift folder. Look for a file named rift.cfg Find a line that reads:

Mainthreadcpu = 3 (might be another number besides 3)

Make it say: Mainthreadcpu = 0

Restart rift

Soulwalker

oh, I not mentioned that. I've done this before. In addition I installed that "Fallout Fix".
    Nothing worked.

Soulwalker

Just a few screenshots of my settings. I'm running AF via Nvidia Console.

solo/5 man http://img194.imageshack.us/i/highfpsa.jpg/
    Rift Event/Sanctum etc http://img856.imageshack.us/i/lowfps.jpg/

Telaran

It sounds like you are being limited by your CPU. Try to check out your GPU usage using a program like MSI afterburner. If you see that your GPU is being fully loaded in open areas, but starts to drop in load when you enter a major area (be it a rift, large group, city, etc...) you are running into a wall based on your CPU's speed (and there isn't much you can do about it asside from the already mentioned "fix").

Edit: You can try turning down terrain and object distance (if you hadn't already... as I know you said that you did try to reduce settings).
    Last edited by Meridus; 03-20-2011 at 07:42 AM.

oh, I not mentioned that. I've done this before. In addition I installed that "Fallout Fix".
    Nothing worked.
    Need a beefier cpu then

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Need a beefier cpu then
    That AMD IS beefy though...aside from the really expensive ones.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Soulwalker

Need a beefier cpu then
    Well, my best Friend has an Intel CPU (Quad) @ 2,8 GHZ and he's running the same graphics as I do and he doesn't has any problems. In addition his GPU is 1 year older than mine. He has > 40 FPS in Rift Events or Sanctum. I'm really confused.

I think my cpu should work with this as well.

Well, my best Friend has an Intel CPU (Quad) @ 2,8 GHZ and he's running the same graphics as I do and he doesn't has any problems. In addition his GPU is 1 year older than mine. He has > 40 FPS in Rift Events or Sanctum. I'm really confused.

I think my cpu should work with this as well.
    How long has your current windows install been running? (last reinstall of windows)

Soulwalker

I'm running Win. 7 and I reinstalled it half a year ago, cause of my new Hard Drive.

Rift Chaser

Just a few screenshots of my settings. I'm running AF via Nvidia Console.

solo/5 man http://img194.imageshack.us/i/highfpsa.jpg/
    Rift Event/Sanctum etc http://img856.imageshack.us/i/lowfps.jpg/
    Rift really doesn't like anything being forced in your display drivers. Put everything to application controlled and see what happens.

If you are running a cheap motherboard it's also quite possible that it's bottlenecking your CPU, GPU or something else. If your CPU is only on 44 degrees it's not working at it's limit, especially if you are OCing with a stock cooler and thermal paste. I have a friend running a system very similar to yours and he's getting 70-80 FPS (about 45 in rift events) without messing with anything so there has to be something up.

If you are using older drives this can be an issue (sata 1 or pata). Slower ram could do it. If you are on the same network as other people this could be an issue (especially with flatout P2P applications). Something under a 750 watt power supply also might be an issue. Of course some of these are usually issues caused by upgrading, if you bought the comp as a finished product they are unlikely to be a factor.

As Tom suggests it could also be windows getting clogged up.

Hopefuly it's something simple and you get it sorted out soon .

PS: After looking at the screenshots I'll ask you if you are forcing Anti aliasing in the nVidia control panel?
    Last edited by Greyhald; 03-20-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah, got almost the same problems like you, mate. Have a i5 2500k (overclocked to 4.2GHz), GTX 460, 8 GByte Ram and can't get over 25 fps (playing at 1680x1050) at max setting (minus AA and AF). Win 7 64-Bit is fresh installed about 2 weeks ago because of the poor performance, but its not getting better so far. Tried different driver-version for the graphic-card and stuff, but no help.
    The strange thing is, in beta i had around 30-50 fps and then came a patch and i can't get over 25+ now anymore. Mostly around 15-20 frames, only when i look at the ground i get 25, heh. Playing at medium settings right now with about 20-30 frames. Really, really strange.
    With my old, dusty 4870 i get mostly 30-50 frames at max settings...

Quote Originally Posted by zhompster View Post
    Yeah, got almost the same problems like you, mate. Have a i5 2500k (overclocked to 4.2GHz), GTX 460, 8 GByte Ram and can't get over 25 fps (playing at 1680x1050) at max setting (minus AA and AF). Win 7 64-Bit is fresh installed about 2 weeks ago because of the poor performance, but its not getting better so far. Tried different driver-version for the graphic-card and stuff, but no help.
    The strange thing is, in beta i had around 30-50 fps and then came a patch and i can't get over 25+ now anymore. Mostly around 15-20 frames, only when i look at the ground i get 25, heh. Playing at medium settings right now with about 20-30 frames. Really, really strange.
    With my old, dusty 4870 i get mostly 30-50 frames at max settings...
    Updated chipset drivers? Common issue for performance loss

Soulwalker

Nope, i don't run any sort of AA. The only thing I'm running with the Nvidia Console is AF.

My Mainboard is: Gigabyte GA-MA790 GP-UD4H
    My HDD is Western Digital WD1001 FALS.

I'm very satisfied with my whole System. Everything works just great and with really good performance. (excluded Rift)

I really really hope that Trion works on a fix for that. Because many people have that or a similar problem.
    Or Arena Net releases Guild Wars 2.. whatever comes first... :P

Oh btw. anyone running a Phenom X4 955 with good FPS?

edit: After porting to sanctum the FPS is on 60 FPS for a few seconds until the other players are loaded. Then it crashes to 25.
    Last edited by sn00ze; 03-20-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Updated chipset drivers? Common issue for performance loss
    Mh, I don't updated my chipset drivers since 2 years. I everytime used the install CD.
    I'm very very carefull with changeing the chipset drivers, cause I'm confused by them. Don't know which driver is the right...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast