+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can only play on low render on an Acer Aspire Windows 7 64 bit?

Soulwalker

Default Can only play on low render on an Acer Aspire Windows 7 64 bit?

Hi everyone! I'm not too tech savvy with video drivers and all. Rift is the first MMO that I have really enjoyed this much so I was kinda disappointed when the game told me my drivers were out of date. My brother plays WOW and he tried to help me out but after downloading what I believe to be the right video driver, I still can't get anything more than 7fps on a medium render.

I have an Acer Aspire that is 4gb memory, 320gb HDD, AMD Athlon 64 x2 processor AL 65 (2.1 ghz), and ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics up to 1919 MB HyperMemory.

I just got this computer a little over a year ago so I can't imagine not being able to get at least a medium rendering. I'm on a cable internet connection. I submitted this to Trion Worlds with my dxdiag attached but have not heard a thing back in over a week. Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by BoozeBeGood View Post
    ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics ?
    There is the problem there. I'm sorry, but netbooks arent meant to be gaming laptops

Rift Disciple

ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics
    Sorry dude, your problem is the video card =[

But, try to play the game in vwindowed mode, it might play a little better for you.
    Last edited by ginokid; 03-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.

I stopped reading at Acer, than I decided to set my ignorance aside and continue, I staggered at Aspire, but kept on to the actual post.

After reading it, like the other said, its just not the appropriate machine. You can't judge it based on when you bought it, or even when it was built. That kind of logic is like expecting a 2010 Prius to beat a 2005 Camaro in a race. They're built for 2 different things. On the back of every PC game box is a list of minimal and recommended system specs, it is advised to take note to these before ever purchasing a PC game. They're on the websites for online purchases aswell.
    Last edited by urvine; 03-20-2011 at 06:07 AM.

PvP against me is alot like sex with me. Its quick, unexpected and ends with only me satisfied.

Soulwalker

Fair enough. It is a laptop, not a netbook...for the record. I usually use it for daily browsing and have never gotten into computer gaming much. Guess I will have to look into an upgrade. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread