+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How i improved my FPS

Soulwalker

Default How i improved my FPS

my specs:

intel i3 core cpu @ 4.2 ghz
    4gb of RAM
    Nvidia GTS 450 @ 900/1800/2000

ok, first of all my drivers etc are all up to date (including motherboard drivers). when i first installed rift a week or so ago i was getting around 15 - 30 fps on medium settings, knowing that this was pretty dire performance i started to play around with the .cfg file and downloaded NVinspector so i could make driver level changes to the game without adjusting my global driver settings each time i played rift.

i stumbled upon a few forum posts here and off an external website for further tweaks. here are the changes i made.

- rift nvidia driver profile (changed in NVinspector): forced 16x AF. now the in-game AF was one of the reasons i was gettin poor fps, changed to driver level AF and this cured the problem (set ingame AF to 1, or 0). changed to "single display performance mode". changed power from "adaptive" to "best performance"

- rift .cfg file: added line (under video section) AmbientOcclusion = False, LightingComplexity = 10.000000, VfxCullDistance = 256, VFXLimit = 7500 and under the client section changed MainThreadCPU = 0.

after these changes i now have an FPS of about 40 to 50, dropping to 30 odd in populated places. id like to thank the people in other threads for the info i needed, its made the game 10x more enjoyable.

Thanks.

Soulwalker

oh i for got to mention in using windows 7 64 bit.

thanks.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Haplesscolin View Post
    - rift nvidia driver profile (changed in NVinspector): forced 16x AF. now the in-game AF was one of the reasons i was gettin poor fps, changed to driver level AF and this cured the problem (set ingame AF to 1, or 0). changed to "single display performance mode". changed power from "adaptive" to "best performance"
    Can confirm doing this gave me 7 more fps.
    Last edited by Meskalin64; 03-20-2011 at 05:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread