+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arrgh! Game wont launch

Soulwalker

Default Arrgh! Game wont launch

Hi,

Just installed the game, created my login account and logged in.

However, when I press the "Play" button, it changes to "Cancel". The bar on the screen briefly fills up with an orange line. Then the screen disappears and the game doesnt launch.

If I press the button after it changes to "Cancel", it says "patching in progress would you like to cancel (yes / no)".

For both situations however, the result is the same, the screen disappears and no game is launched.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have also tried the "recover" option, but it tells me that "No Patch Needed. Already up to Date".

Finally, I have tried disabling my firewall without any success.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

When you first install the game, it's relatively quick. The updating takes a while since it's an 8gb download. Did you patch the game after initial installation?

Soulwalker

Yes, I did the update process. As I mentioned in my post, I also tried the "recover" option, but was told "No Patch Needed, already up to date", so I'm stumped.

Curiously I can see that the process updates a number of Files in the Rift folder called "riftpatch.x", where X is a number between 1 and 10 every time i press the Play button.

Soulwalker

Any thoughts? Thing thats really annoying is there is no error message which would give me something to go work from, the launcher just disappears when i click "play" - ie it doesnt minimise.

Is there some kind of log file that gets written to which could be interrogated?

P.C. is brand new and happily runs WOW, Fallout Las Vegas etc with no probs.

Ta.

+ Reply to Thread