+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Severe Problems

Soulwalker

Default Severe Problems

rift on my end has become near unplayable due to a number of problems that have been going on since open beta.

constant random crashing. doesnt seem to be prone to certain amounts of time, usually happens after i close a rift or run a warfront or a dungeon.

low fps. i get about 15-18 fps in crowded areas. 10 in sanctum and rifts and 21-24 everywhere else. couple this with framerate hang-ups when turning the camera in any direction.

and last but not least, what i like to call the "black boxes of doom". this occurs when i use a porticulum or open a menu shortly after using a porticulum. all names on the screen turn into black boxes the size of the letters they represent and fps drops to 1-2. turning off all names brings fps back to what i said are the norms above. turning even one name back on will bring the fps back down to 1-2. the only solution so far is to exit the client and restart it.

(i know nothing of the info others have posted about their machines so i put what i thought was needed)
    Windows Vista Ultimate 6.0
    Intel Core 2CPU 4300 1.8GHz
    DirectX 10
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

thanks in advance for any help you can give

Quote Originally Posted by arimik View Post
    rift on my end has become near unplayable due to a number of problems that have been going on since open beta.

constant random crashing. doesnt seem to be prone to certain amounts of time, usually happens after i close a rift or run a warfront or a dungeon.

low fps. i get about 15-18 fps in crowded areas. 10 in sanctum and rifts and 21-24 everywhere else. couple this with framerate hang-ups when turning the camera in any direction.

and last but not least, what i like to call the "black boxes of doom". this occurs when i use a porticulum or open a menu shortly after using a porticulum. all names on the screen turn into black boxes the size of the letters they represent and fps drops to 1-2. turning off all names brings fps back to what i said are the norms above. turning even one name back on will bring the fps back down to 1-2. the only solution so far is to exit the client and restart it.

(i know nothing of the info others have posted about their machines so i put what i thought was needed)
    DirectX 10
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

If you run Precision 2.0 for your 460, get rid of it, it is evil with rift.

"Look up to the sky, just before you die; It's the last time you will"

Spiritus Intus Alit

Soulwalker

forgive me for not being technologically inclined.

what is this "precision 2.0" that you speak of?

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ascendant

1.8Ghz processor & a GTx460? Do you see anything wrong with this picture?
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

DirectX 10
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Also, what is your Power Supply wattage? The Nvidia 460 GTX requires 450watts MINIMUM. If your two 6-pin connectors are not plugged into the back, there is your problem right off the bat. If they are, are you using a 4-pin perifferal to 6-pin connector to accomplish this, or does your PSU come with 2 6=pins (Which is def. preferred.)

That is a main culprit. as well as the 1.8 ghz CPU.

And, how much RAM are you running with?

These will all help out identifying your issues.

"Look up to the sky, just before you die; It's the last time you will"

Spiritus Intus Alit

+ Reply to Thread