+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know where the settings files are stored yet?

General of Telara

Default Does anyone know where the settings files are stored yet?

Just curious because I'm looking to start messing around a bit with the Guardians side of things and with one server full up with Defiants I'll need to start on a new server. The game won't let you import settings cross-shard for some odd reason and I don't particularly want to re-enter 40-50 keybindings by scratch so I'd sure love to know where the settings files are stored.

General of Telara

Ye olde bump because I'm an altoholic.

There is a keybinds file stored in the same folder as the Rift.cfg file, though I don't know how to interpret it, and it doesn't seem to be something that goes across servers anyway.

I think that you might have to resort to the /exportui and /importui functions to copy across the UI settings. There might be similar functions for the keybinds, but I can't remember. If you do a /help ingame, it will list all the commands that you can use, so you can look and see if there's anything useful.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
    There is a keybinds file stored in the same folder as the Rift.cfg file, though I don't know how to interpret it, and it doesn't seem to be something that goes across servers anyway.

I think that you might have to resort to the /exportui and /importui functions to copy across the UI settings. There might be similar functions for the keybinds, but I can't remember. If you do a /help ingame, it will list all the commands that you can use, so you can look and see if there's anything useful.
    I couldn't find the file you were referring to. The closest is the xml file in the base install directory, not the directory where the config files are actually stored, and it doesn't seem to be applicable to this.

Good call on the /export functions though. They don't show up in the standard /help but they were included, I believe, in the Macro guide on these forums.

exportui <filename> -- exports your UI, Chat, macro settings to a file
    importui <filename> -- imports your UI, Chat settings from a file. This works across characters, shards, factions, and even accounts.
    exportkeybindings <filename> -- exports your keybinds to a file
    importkeybindings <filename> -- imports your keybinds from a files. This works across characters, shards, factions, and even accounts.

That, at least, will be a major help for my altoholic issues.

+ Reply to Thread