+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Lag Issues

Soulwalker

Default Server Lag Issues

On my Server Akylios, There seems to be an issue with Npcs an the zone Scarwood Reach.
    The Npcs from Demon Steps and to south have delayed times for opening quests and in combat lags very badly, I had to spam grave rot as a necro while my friend I played with would heal me as we leveled together. While in this laggy combat you're able to buff, heal, use items with no delay but offensive spells seem to be delayed by 2 times their cast times.
    This was hapening to ALL people in those places in the zone, we don't know why or when it starting doing this but it really needs to be fixed.

If it's any comfort it's not only in that zone, i also have that going on right as i type this in both Iron Pine Peaks and Stillmoor. my character starts to cast a spell but struggle to actually get it off of him at the end causing a 1-3 second delay every single cast. Even delays on instant dots etc.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I Get stuck using my AoE because there no lag to place it but the damage is delayed, so I can keep placing it knowing the damage will be done, it's not very strong but it's pretty bad delay so I can't even stack too much Necrosis for a good plague Bolt crit. :/

Also I figured there would be more zone afflicted by this, I was just hoping that it's not my next zone...I swear i'm getting out of Scarwood even if it kills me.
    Last edited by Hooded Fiend; 03-19-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Fiend View Post
    Yeah, I Get stuck using my AoE because there no lag to place it but the damage is delayed, so I can keep placing it knowing the damage will be done, it's not very strong but it's pretty bad delay so I can't even stack too much Necrosis for a good plague Bolt crit. :/

Also I figured there would be more zone afflicted by this, I was just hoping that it's not my next zone...I swear i'm getting out of Scarwood even if it kills me.
    Unfortunately, I'm currently in Moonshade, and I am having the same issue. Glad to see it's not just me though. I checked to see if my room mate was torrenting, but every other game runs without lag at all. I can't even play because of this. I mean, I could, but it almost takes me a minute per kill. ><

Joocebocks

Rift Disciple

I've had the same issue on two different characters on the same server. My 41 Rogue became unplayable in Iron Pine Peak once she got to the top of the zone. Go lower and combat is normal, walk back up the hill and its unplayable. So I switched to my 20's warrior and everything was great until Scarlet Gorge. Combat in the gorge was fine, go up the elevator for the quest "Death for the Dead" and combat is essentially frozen. Go back down the elevator and combat is normal.

Seriously? There is definitely something going on with the Rift engine in terms of elevation. I know a lot of others who had to leave Iron Pine for the same reason. This is getting ridiculous. Oh and its been like this for almost 12 hours now.

+ Reply to Thread