+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Queue Thought

Soulwalker

Default Server Queue Thought

I come from Everquest 2. I understand some WoW servers still have Server Queues at peak hours, but EQ2 never had them (I guess they just pack the server till your too lagged out due to server strain to do anything in game anyway).

Anyway. Since I'm new to the 'Queue' thing to play a video game, and I presently sit at a 42minute wait, I thought of something that many others have probably already thought of, and/or suggested.

-Can it be designed where if my home server has a long queue I could log onto another server and screw around while still waiting in the queue for my primary server?

Era
    Champion of Telara

If they did that, then there would be queues on just about every server with people trying to get into two rather than one.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Wouldn't that be kinda like going to another restaurant while you're on the waiting list to get into your first choice? It would undoubtedly lead to situations where you're halfway through your appetizer (or a quest) when your queue would come up and then you'd have to bail on your alt server to get back to the main one, or make your main server wait while you finished up the quest (or just getting somewhere safe) so you could swap. In which case, it's kind of unfair to other folks who are right there waiting to get in, while you're busy somewhere else saying "I'm hurrying. I'll be right there. Just hold my spot for a few minutes."

Soulwalker

interesting considerations you both bring up.

I'm just coming from the thought process of it being super gay to have to wait in a line to play a game. My thought would perhaps alleviate the gay of it all.

+ Reply to Thread