+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Play Rift </3

Default Can't Play Rift </3

I've only had this problem happen once on EQOA, and don't recall how it was fixed. I can log into Rift and hop on one of my characters, but I cant do anything. I'm lucky to stay online for atleast 10 seconds before I disconnect. I don't know anything about fps or latency, but I saw the numbers for those and my fps was around 16-20, while my latency was all the way up to 99656 (promise that number isn't a typo). I've reinstalled the game, ran the patches over and over, checked my internet cables, etc. I first discovered this problem on my computer that's hooked up to my router, but I gave up on it and tried my laptop, and it was the same problem. Guild Wars and Eq2 work perfectly fine. Rift is the only game that is having this problem. I love this game so much, and I can't even play it! I've done everything I could. I have no clue what to do. This all happened today, after I took a break for a little bit to get some chores done. I tried getting back on and NOTHING!): Anyone know what I could do to fix this? I'm so lost... and I NEED Rift. Oh, the #1 problem that comes up is "Can't authenticate", or "Can't connect to game server."
    We move just like the moon and sun.The sun comes up the moon rolls down a world apart but they don't make a sound.They know their love spins us round.

Rift Disciple

try updating your drivers for your internet card, that would be the first thing i do

2nd thing i would do if that doesn't work is a tracert to make sure there are no bad nodes.

3rd thing would be play rift through another computer on the same connection, if it runs just fine on the other computer you can rule out that its the internet.

4th thing would be get a new nic

5th thing would be get new cables.

Quote Originally Posted by The Serial Sniper View Post
    try updating your drivers for your internet card, that would be the first thing i do

2nd thing i would do if that doesn't work is a tracert to make sure there are no bad nodes.

3rd thing would be play rift through another computer on the same connection, if it runs just fine on the other computer you can rule out that its the internet.

4th thing would be get a new nic

5th thing would be get new cables.
    I've done all of that. Nothing should be wrong, but I can't play the damn game. No idea what to do. I suspected a virus or something like it. I've done several full computer scans and nothing.
    We move just like the moon and sun.The sun comes up the moon rolls down a world apart but they don't make a sound.They know their love spins us round.

Reinstall your OS.

Shadowlander

I am having problems downloading DirectX9 I restarted my pc and it's not going im like so desperate right now!! and I haven't received any feedback :C

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    Reinstall your OS.
    This is ocurring on two different computers. The problem only occurs when trying to play around in Rift. Reinstalling the OS on two different computers with the same internet connection wouldn't do a thing.

Should I try repatching with firewalls down? I'm afraid too because I often get messages when patching saying that the "files were corrupted, please use the recover button" or something like that.

Bypass your router and see if you still have a problem.

+ Reply to Thread