+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thoughts to fixing coin lock

Default thoughts to fixing coin lock

Alright, i too am another person that gets coin locked at every login and its getting a tad annoying, one suggestion from me - instead of using the ip to track the computer which for a lot of us changes on a regular basis why not get the game to look up our hardware ID's on the network adapter and submit that as a unique code instead of using an IP address. this would be far more secure and would not cause constant coin locking. in tandem with this you could also use an ip RANGE instead of the excat number so that if its significantly out of range of what it should be but has the same id the account can then be coin locked to avoid issues.

this is just my two cents and i hope people will agree with me that its a relatively good idea

if you have any suggestions you would like to add on ways the devs can fix this please feel free to post and add to this discussion

Get a smartphone and you'll have zero issues with coinlock. Either way great job Trion, thanks for dealing the issue.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORlooksbad View Post
    Get a smartphone and you'll have zero issues with coinlock. Either way great job Trion, thanks for dealing the issue.
    Shouldnt have to pay to fix a problem thats not under your control. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroBearz View Post
    Shouldnt have to pay to fix a problem thats not under your control. Just sayin.
    Would you rather get hacked and lose all your stuff?

your idea has nothing to do with suggesting an actual fix to the game to help. take your trolling elsewere please

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORlooksbad View Post
    Would you rather get hacked and lose all your stuff?
    Lol dude if i gotta pay extra to play a game when im already paying for subscription, im just not gonna play it or waste the time and money when theres a free game out there that doesnt have me wastin money.

And imo, this coin locked system is going to move hackers from just going into your game accont, to going into your email accounts and finding all your cred info, bank info, social security and stuff. Sooo yeah. Ya know.

Not worried about that because I own a smartphone (who doesn't) so there is never an opportunity to get my email password. Coinlock is here to stay, get used to it.

Rift Disciple

It using hardware ids would be 100% more secures while making it 100% more user friendly, because right now hackers that know how to use proxies could get through it. I am not having any problems with it at all, but am worried that a hacker could still do the dirty because of using a proxy to get around the coinlock.

Rift Disciple

Can we please option to opt out of the Coinlock? it's already obnoxious, and I've just logged in.

+ Reply to Thread