+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: Coin locked every time

  1. #1
    Shadowlander jpo598's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sedona, AZ
    Posts
    26

    Default Coin locked every time

    Every time I log in to this game...from my house...I'm coin locked.
    Is this normal? If so, it seems like overkill to me.

    If it's not normal...why is it happening?

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I was coin locked this morning. I unplugged my modem and router last night because of storms so I don't know if the game thinks I have logged in from another source or what. Now I log in and unlock via email code but when I logged into one of my other characters on another shard he was coin locked and I got another email and code. This does not seem like it's working as intended.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker SWTORlooksbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    464

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    I have also been coin locked every day because I am getting a new IP address each time I access my internet (Verizon mobile broadband.) This is getting ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torvail View Post
    I was coin locked this morning. I unplugged my modem and router last night because of storms so I don't know if the game thinks I have logged in from another source or what. Now I log in and unlock via email code but when I logged into one of my other characters on another shard he was coin locked and I got another email and code. This does not seem like it's working as intended.
    I lost power last night and I'm locked today; I've had no previous problems with my account. Not sure if my IP address changed.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpo598 View Post
    Every time I log in to this game...from my house...I'm coin locked.
    Is this normal? If so, it seems like overkill to me.

    If it's not normal...why is it happening?
    This is also happening to me and my hubsand.
    Would like some kind of reason why

    We also have Verizon mobile cards
    Last edited by luvisalab; 03-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Team BrianMorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Stick with it for a few days, if it's still happening I will investigate specific users and if there any adjustments we can make to how we determine "significantly different machine or location" without compromising protection.

    Given the events of the past few days, we put this on a hair trigger and I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 03-19-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Dominazn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern, Va
    Posts
    43

    Default

    If you have a dynamic IP from provider, which changes your IP. I can see a coin lock happening all the time which would still be bull****. Being a pain in the *** having to get into ur email to get the code.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominazn View Post
    If you have a dynamic IP from provider, which changes your IP. I can see a coin lock happening all the time which would still be bull****. Being a pain in the *** having to get into ur email to get the code.
    It takes me like 3 seconds to access my e-mail. You so silly. The tech GM guy above said they will be reviewing specific instances to adjust the system.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Seeing as there was such a problem with account being hacked. Remember that Trion has JUST solved the problem. Give them some time, and its really not that hard to log into your email and put in the 6 digit code. Im sure this will get resolved. Give Trion a chance and be patient.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It takes me like 3 seconds to access my e-mail. You so silly. The tech GM guy above said they will be reviewing specific instances to adjust the system.
    That's not the problem though.. the problem is that what if it was compromised, how do you know the difference when it keeps happening? It's like the boy who cried wolf. Do you ignore it.. do you change your pass daily..

    My characters on my main shard are fine, however, I just created a new character on another shard and got instantly coin locked. Yet I logout of that character and go back to my main characters and their not coin locked. This seems to be like a flaw to me. My level 1 on a different shard gets coin locked yet my other characters aren't. What would stop someone from creating a new character on a different shard then login to the persons main characters and proceed to hack them? If that's the case.
    Last edited by Memouri; 03-19-2011 at 01:50 PM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Given the events of the past few days, we put this on a hair trigger and I apologize for the inconvenience.
    What events?

  13. #13
    Soulwalker OnTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    @Memouri
    Not to sound like a jerk but that story doesn't add up. Do you get coin locked when you logg in your main and then enter the code to unlock it? IF that is the case then you are fine and have nothing to worry about. I still don't fully understand the coin lock system but since you are under coin lock you can't do anything so when you do make a lv1 toon you have to enter the same code that you used the main as well.

    Never tried or had that problem so don't quote me on it.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTop View Post
    @Memouri
    Not to sound like a jerk but that story doesn't add up. Do you get coin locked when you logg in your main and then enter the code to unlock it? IF that is the case then you are fine and have nothing to worry about. I still don't fully understand the coin lock system but since you are under coin lock you can't do anything so when you do make a lv1 toon you have to enter the same code that you used the main as well.

    Never tried or had that problem so don't quote me on it.
    Shard #1 = main shard
    Char #1 and Char #2 are on main shard

    Shard #2 - new shard
    Char #3 is new char

    I decided to make a new char on another shard because some friends playing on it. After I finished creating Char #3 when I logged into it, it was coin locked and I checked email and got the message with the number. Now, I logout of Char #3 without unlocking it, when I go back to shard #1 char #1 and char #2 are both fine, no coin lock or anything. Can mail, can delete, vendor, the whole jazz.

    Now that leads me to believe a few things.. first of all nobody accessed my account from anywhere(it's a brand new pass anyways and I never repeat passwords or have I used any site since yesterdays coin lock and I decided to make a new pass then for the hell of it). This means simply because I made a char on a new shard that I'm not normally on that it thinks it may have been someone else(possibly a gold spammer making chars on new shards so it can spam, but it's obviously me on it with same pc and same IP and I was literally JUST on the game on the other characters).

    Now the problem that can come from this is, simply what I said. What would stop someone from when they gain access to an account to simply bypass the coin lock by making a new char on a new shard, then swapping to those chars? Evidently coin locks aren't account wide.. or my account glitched out?(which I highly doubt, there's clearly something wrong with the system).

    ---------

    I was coin locked yesterday like everyone else at the update, I changed pass just in case, and unlocked account.. so it has nothing to do with that. This is an entirely different account lock and was done immediately after I made a new character on a different shard(checked times when email was received, when I swapped to that shard to make the char and when I logged into it after finishing the char creation).
    Last edited by Memouri; 03-19-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    this is bloody rediculous. Coin locked everytime i login, from the same router and same house.

    How exactly do we deactive this 'feature'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts