+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are other people playing a different game to us ?

Soulwalker

Post Are other people playing a different game to us ?

Quoted from Gamespy.com review of rift

"Yet Rift's overall performance is an astounding triumph. Only once did my server crash, and never once did I encounter an obvious bug. Considering that its main gimmick consists of amassing hundreds of players in one spot and having them batter enemies with spells and abilities from 36 different talent trees, Rift is a paragon of server stability. Elsewhere, detail reaches almost glorious levels, and high-altitude views are unfailingly rewarding. The result is a game that feels like an established MMO straight out the box"

surely someones getting paid or there certainly arnt playing the same game as us ??

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by scapegrace View Post

"Yet Rift's overall performance is an astounding triumph. Only once did my server crash, and never once did I encounter an obvious bug. Considering that its main gimmick consists of amassing hundreds of players in one spot and having them batter enemies with spells and abilities from 36 different talent trees, Rift is a paragon of server stability. Elsewhere, detail reaches almost glorious levels, and high-altitude views are unfailingly rewarding. The result is a game that feels like an established MMO straight out the box"

surely someones getting paid or there certainly arnt playing the same game as us ??
    Nope, I'm playing the same game they are. And I agree with Gamespy.

Soulwalker

Default I agree

So far I havent had any real big problems.. Im impressed how good It has been.. WoW Cat had way more bugs when it released.

Soulwalker

i agree, nothing big has come up for me except for my performance issues which are on my side of the wall.

I'm fairly certain Gamespy has a much better computer than me which makes all the difference heh.

I'm also playing the same game. Probably not what the OP was going for when he started this thread.

Telaran

Nope, Gamespy is playing the same game as I.

Quote Originally Posted by scapegrace View Post

I'm confused. What do you disagree with in the quote?

I've seen 3 bugs since I started in beta and their servers have been stable.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Aside from a few minor hiccups, this is the smoothest MMORPG I've played on launch.

Soulwalker

Same game for me too. Working well. Also, since they aren't chasing so many bugs, they'll be able to work on content and performance improvements, which is great.

Rift Master

For the most part, yes.

That is, you are playing the same game as them for as long as you do not have any issues.

Apparently, they completely forgot about customer support. After all, if it's taking them one week to send me an automated message and I haven't heard of them for over another week since I put in the GM support request for a bag that disappeared instead of being bound to my character.

Oh yes, and the fact that either Trion or ATI messed up the graphics and I am having issues with 100% blackscreens with certain visual effects, put in a bug report, told them I'd love to hand them my DxDiag but since there's no option to attach any file in the bug report...

So, yeah, I do believe they left customer support out to save cost. ;)

(Also, if people now come with "that's just one case few and far between", then I ask you back "well, if there's really no issues, why is it taking them 3 weeks to get someone to reply to my inquiry?". Either no support, or, so many issues, the support isn't able to work up the queue.)

Soulwalker

theres tons of posts saying that the game is all jacked up and u guys say that this game is running smoothly?

Quote Originally Posted by tick View Post
    theres tons of posts saying that the game is all jacked up and u guys say that this game is running smoothly?
    Runs smoothly for me.

Game works fine from this end
    Go forth and do, just blogging about it is the same as inaction.

Game runs great for me....no issues at all. Love the game! Very smooth release, most smooth one I have ever been a part of.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast