+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low frame rates...Please help!

Soulwalker

Default Low frame rates...Please help!

I am running the absolute lowest everything. However I am sitting at 2-6 fps, 6 is on a good day, 4 is about the average. I have the most recent NVIDIA update for my graphics, I basically wiped my comp out before the download, I cant even quest its so bad. If anyone knows anything that can help Id apriciate it.

Ascendant

Pretty useless thread without system specs...
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Soulwalker

Ok i have a similiar issue however when i checked the min req speccs i was sure i was above the min but with running 4 to6 fps on the reg am not so sure... not sure exactly what speccs are needed so ill list what i can hope fully this will be enuff to get some assistance realy not wanting to have to buy a new vid card and this computer is relativley new

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM
    Page File: 1268MB used, 6407MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: s5514y

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: HP 2010 Series Wide LCD Monitor

i run on a time warner cable modem thats routed through a lynksys router and its hardwired not wireless
    when i played wow i didnt have the greatest fps in the world but it was good enuff for me , and though the lag is very bad most of the time in rift currently for my wife and i both(her computer being an older model than mine) we styll enjoy as much as we can though that means for now no major rift invasions or at times even dungeons

any help short of get a new computer would be greatly appreciated

Plane Touched

Switch to low-res textures.

Soulwalker

I have switched to low rendering min settings disabled as many programs as humanly possible for windows 7 and yet best fps i get is 9 ne other suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmoke View Post
    I have switched to low rendering min settings disabled as many programs as humanly possible for windows 7 and yet best fps i get is 9 ne other suggestions
    Gonna have to resort to "buy a real computer".

That thing your playing on wasn't made for gaming.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Rift Chaser

Your machine is using an on-board graphics card. These are generally intended as "I get on the internet and check my emails mostly" solutions but will play basicly rendered games. When you hit games requiring more you start getting into problems even if you turn the settings right down.

My honest solution is buy a video card. Even a bottom-end gaming solution will serve you better than what you have now.

eg: I'm using an old system (Pentium D 3.6) with a bottom of the line 6850 (no factory overclock, cooler or any fancy rubbish) in my second system It runs rift ok until I get into raids, outside fo that it's perfectly playable and even with the slow framerates for Raids I can keep up my contributions for Rifts. Not great but a 6850 would work for you.

Your only real solution without updating hardware is to lower your resolution. This reduces the number of pixels that your on-board GPU is required to render and one of the very few ways in which you are going to see any gain.

Seriously how many people were duped to buy a system with NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE. I cant tell you how many posts I see all the time about that crappy onboard hardware.

Onboard is only meant for people who wants decent video, internet, and solitaire. Not gaming.

Gaming should only be done with true dedicated graphics card. I wish store would stop scamming people in believing that they got a good system.

My advise, you need a actual video card. Now that depends on the type of case you have with that HP system.

You might have to get a new system built, custom only.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

+ Reply to Thread