+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coin locked, no email.

Default Coin locked, no email.

Seems to be a common enough issue so far. While I like the idea of coin lock, it seems to not be working too good as of yet.

Not sure what the cause could be off hand. But the night is still young. I understand that email can often be held up someplace.
    Last edited by Kujako; 03-18-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

Soulwalker

coin locked been waiting for 3-4 hours for email,not good when i have limited play time available......

Soulwalker

I have been coin locked since the patch.

I can log into the game with the email address
    I have clicked to resend several times
    The email is not in my junk mail box
    My filters are off
    The Trion domains are whitelisted
    Email is arriving from other senders

I created a GM ticket in game, no response

I created a ticket on the support page. Guess what -- the confirmation email (auto response) to the ticket arrived just fine in my email from Trion.

But still no email with the coin lock code!

It's all very well for some posters to say that you can still play. But being unable to empty bags, sell loot, buy potions, use the porticulum, etc. soon makes it no fun, and pretty pointless.

Shadowlander

Why do people not do the obvious thing with coin lock....

If the emails dont go to your main email address make a new one, assign it to your trion account and resend the email.

It's worked with everyone i've said this too. hopefully itll work with you to

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by allucia View Post
    Why do people not do the obvious thing with coin lock....

If the emails dont go to your main email address make a new one, assign it to your trion account and resend the email.
    Because all of Trions other emails (those from Trionworlds.com and custhelp.com) are arriving just fine into my mail box, so the problem is likely to be with the actual in-game resend function and not with my email address.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kheri View Post
    Because all of Trions other emails (those from Trionworlds.com and custhelp.com) are arriving just fine into my mail box, so the problem is likely to be with the actual in-game resend function and not with my email address.
    BUT, decided to try your solution anyway.

Allucia, you are right. I set up a completely new email address, got the confirmation email, then received the coin lock email. I'm glad it worked, and thanks for the workaround!

But Trion should still fix the bug -- you shouldn't have to create a new email account just to get the coin lock email

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kheri View Post
    BUT, decided to try your solution anyway.

Allucia, you are right. I set up a completely new email address, got the confirmation email, then received the coin lock email. I'm glad it worked, and thanks for the workaround!

But Trion should still fix the bug -- you shouldn't have to create a new email account just to get the coin lock email
    it should work how you stated but its like it goes through a different server which doesnt like half the games population getting emails.

ive not had to do the work around, but everyone ive told it to has worked... guess we'll just have to wait

Default Confirmed

This worked for me as well. I logged into the account page and changed my e-mail to a @live.se address. The confirmation e-mail arrived and then I logged into the game and hit the "Coin Lock" button and then "Resend". The coin lock e-mail arrived and I'm back in business.
    Blessed are those who make things

Shadowlander

you should be able to change back to the original email aswell. but im not sure if the coin lock email will get sent to it.

Maybe its the way people set up there email ports that trions servers dont like.

Either Trion have a problem in their mail sender, or they have gotten themselves on a global spam list that many ISP:s share. It could very well be that their e-mail servers have been globally banned. Since it seems to be a question of what e-mail provider you use. Some e-mail providers still route their emails, such as hotmail and live. Microsoft Online Services do not.

I have filed a support request with Microsoft about not receiving their e-mails, checking if they have been blocked. I will let you know as soon as they answer.

Default Changing the e-mail back

Yes, that worked too. After I unlocked my account, I changed my e-mail address back to the original one, and that worked fine. All is well now.

Until they decide to slap another Coin Lock on me, that is ...

Telaran

same issues here ...

no email and zero customer support. its the weekend, im paying to play and cant .. thanks a fekkin bunch trion.

Telaran

oh great, it gets better ..

changed email account and the confirmation email link to verify says 'error 404 - page not found, you should not be here'

if situation remains unchanged by monday the game can go fudge itself .. zero customer support really bugs me.

id not complain if coinlock actually stopped peoples account being hacked, but it does not, it appears.

Soulwalker

Default well

Had some issues on my bf's account. He was clicking the resend button, verifying the email, but it didnt work. We changed email for him, but he still got no mail in the inbox.

In our case it turned out to be firewall suddenly not trusting rift.exe. Easy to miss, as its never had to be reminded before, but this did the trick for us.

Soulwalker

How are you logging into the accounts to change your emails? When I try to log in it ask to resend the email confirmation which I have yet to receive. Now my account is on coin lock and I've had a GM ticket in for 17 hours now and a support email for 3 days. The support email came just fine however it said they would get back within 24 hours and I haven't heard back yet.

I know I need to change my email address just trying to figure out how.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast