+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin lock in australia

Soulwalker

Default Coin lock in australia

G'day Support team:

My wife and I both play this game, we have a fibre connection to our home. However we get coin locked every time we log in to the game.

We are logging in from the same PC's in the same home, every time. I do not beleive this woudl be considered "significantly different locations".

We live in Australia and use telstra as our ISP, it is not a static IP address.

Cheers

Rift Chaser

Default good luck

I have no problems with optus , only coin locked 1 time when they said servers coming down & everyone will have it , since then all is smooth "X fingers"

Sydney Australia

Soulwalker

Default Coin Locked

Quote Originally Posted by SmallYoda View Post
    G'day Support team:

My wife and I both play this game, we have a fibre connection to our home. However we get coin locked every time we log in to the game.

We are logging in from the same PC's in the same home, every time. I do not beleive this woudl be considered "significantly different locations".

Cheers
    Each time I log in to play I also get coinlocked. I do not have a permanent IP from my ISP, but seeing as I haven't logged out of my internet, it really shouldn't have changed my apparent location, anyway. Even if my internet disconnected/reconnected, my new IP should still be within a certain band of numbers that my ISP owns.
    My ISp also uses Telstra servers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallYoda View Post
    G'day Support team:

Cheers
    its not an aussie isp or etc issue, i just did some testing to help a guildie.

Please see http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...are-a-computer for an explanation

Shadowlander

My computers (yes, plural) are on a LAN behind a hardware firewall. The Lan provides Internet access to all computers in it, by means of an Internet router that uses a static IP address. Same location, right? But not according to coin lock. After playing on computer A for a while, I switched to computer B (RIGHT next to A) and got coin locked. This happened two days in a row now.

Linna

Quote Originally Posted by Broom View Post
    My computers (yes, plural) are on a LAN behind a hardware firewall. The Lan provides Internet access to all computers in it, by means of an Internet router that uses a static IP address. Same location, right? But not according to coin lock. After playing on computer A for a while, I switched to computer B (RIGHT next to A) and got coin locked. This happened two days in a row now.

Linna
    Yes, please see the post i linked, coin lock is doing some sort of hardware id check (most likely the mac address on the network card, that is different for every card on the planet)

+ Reply to Thread