+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would this PC play rift on at least Medium video settings?

Soulwalker

Question Would this PC play rift on at least Medium video settings?

This is the best new PC I could build on my budget. My friend helped me out and said this video card etc was good for any game, I would just like some more opinions.

Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 260 Dual-Core CPU
    Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
    Memory: 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - ** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5750 - 1GB - Single Card
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 -- AMD 770
    Power Supply: 600 Watt -- Standard
    Primary Hard Drive: 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Did you pull the trigger on that yet? Because if you didn't I'd save a bit longer and get a better CPU and graphics card. Having water cooling on that Athlon would be like putting 20's on a Kia Sportage...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORlooksbad View Post
    Did you pull the trigger on that yet? Because if you didn't I'd save a bit longer and get a better CPU and graphics card. Having water cooling on that Athlon would be like putting 20's on a Kia Sportage...
    I didnt buy it yet. The watercooling was a free upgrade. Im not in anyway looking for a setup to play on max settings. The computer I have now I'm lucky if I get 5 fps (its a stock non personalized pc from best buy that we bought last minute when my old one fried about 3 years ago)
    Right now its more of a matter of being able to play the games I just bought. I currently have Rift and DA2 and cant play either with what I have.

Soulwalker

Not too sure about the vid card, but definitely need to get better cpu. I'm running an AMD quad core, with 4 gigs ram and an nVIDIA 9800gt and i'm running settings in high. the only time i get any lag is in a mass raid. but other than that, I have zero issues. But that's not to say I don't WANT another vid card. money's a bit tight. but good luck, and do get a better cpu.

That video card will perform pretty poorly, and 600w is kind of pushing it these days. I recommend you take a look at my system builds and go no lower than rank 1.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

+ Reply to Thread