+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-Game GM Support Problem

Default In-Game GM Support Problem

My group ran into a lockout bug after wiping on the last boss in Expert Fall of Lanternhook. Big whoop, it happens. GM Icebreacher contacted me with all due haste to fix the issue, and we peasants rejoiced. Problem was, I couldn't reply to him. His name was "GM_GM Icebreacher", which contains a space. I'm guessing whenever I tried to /w to him, my client was actually trying to tell some guy called GM_GM "icebreaker yadda yadda yadda."

I'll decline the customary whiny rant that normally goes here, since this is kinda funny.

Since I've never contacted a GM ingame that required a response, I don't know if what I'm about to say matters.

Have your tried using whatever key bind you have for REPLYING to a whisper? Again, I have no idea how GMs get ahold of you in game, but if it's a whisper, it's just the same as if someone else whispered you.

press "r"? if that doesn't work the GM doesn't know that he shouldn't use a space in his name. GM's run a chat program, they don't log into the game unless they are required to do so, so most of the time they sit with a chat program up reading through and replying. Probably just a bug in the chat program that allows spaces in the name, or the game handles it wrong, next time try removing the GM_GM and just trying to whisper Icebreacher.

I tried both replying with r and typing in his name, neither worked. I can easily believe our game clients and gm in-game support clients don't use exactly the same syntax for sending /w messages.

I even tried updating my petition to communicate with the gm, but I guess it wasn't in front of him at the time.

+ Reply to Thread