+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proxy NOT Supported by Rift... NO other MMO BLOCKS PROXY

Soulwalker

Default Proxy NOT Supported by Rift... NO other MMO BLOCKS PROXY

I just received this as a response to a ticket about using Proxies... I asked another followup question about when and if playing through a Proxy would be allowed. I took the Trion Employees name out just to be safe. BTW I am very unhappy about this. I use ProxyCap and Tunnelizer. I also setup FreeSHHd and Putty since someone posted that it worked but it no longer does. Game is a thumbs up... NO proxy support is like hitting a brickwall at 60 mph.

Hello Dave!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Rift.

I'm very sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my last response. We currently do not offer service for people using Proxy servers. Please use a different server and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110307-006224

Sincerely,

Technical & Account Support
    Trion Worlds Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestas28 View Post
    I just received this as a response to a ticket about using Proxies... I asked another followup question about when and if playing through a Proxy would be allowed. I took the Trion Employees name out just to be safe. BTW I am very unhappy about this. I use ProxyCap and Tunnelizer. I also setup FreeSHHd and Putty since someone posted that it worked but it no longer does. Game is a thumbs up... NO proxy support is like hitting a brickwall at 60 mph.

Hello Dave!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Rift.

I'm very sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my last response. We currently do not offer service for people using Proxy servers. Please use a different server and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110307-006224

Sincerely,

Technical & Account Support
    Trion Worlds Inc.
    I use a Proxy. So do many people.

Battleping, WowTunnels, Fixmylag....they all work.

If you are trying to setup your proxy etc. manually you probably just aren't doing something right.

Rift also works just fine over a VPN.

Soulwalker

I have no problem with the Proxy it works with other Games and Net traffic. Just a problem with this one. So have others Something changed on the 3rd. But thanks for the info Battleping is now supporting Rift means it might be fixed will up date this if its working on Monday.

Soulwalker

You must use ProxyCap 4.20.

I use a proxy service just fine as well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zzinged View Post
    I use a proxy service just fine as well.
    Well at least you were helpful... Not.

Ok for anyone still having problems with Proxy Setting you have to do the Following Things to proxy to your home computer free or use a paid service. Like Smoothping. Both of which at this point you have to buy ProxyCap 4.20

1. Download and Install Proxycap 4.20 (No version earlier works with Rift) $25/$30 for 3 licenses.
    2. Setup a Proxy Server on you home Computer Freeshhd or Tunnelizer.(I use Tunnelizer since you can encrypt Traffic inside the tunnel)
    3. Install the Server end of Tunnelizer on your Firewall Free Computer and record your External IP. Install the Client End of Tunnelizer. Slightly oversimplified but you may have to setup port forwarding and Firewall rules also.
    4. In ProxyCap create Proxy rules for all FOUR .exe's (Rift.exe, Riftpatclive.exe, rifterrorhandler.exe, selfpatchlive.exe) and point them to your proxy settings. Proxy all traffic these exe's have
    5. You can use netstat to verify no Trion services. Or just Stop Proxycap if Rift closes your good.

I would suggest doing this when you can have you hands on both PC's to work out the kinks.

Good Luck

+ Reply to Thread