+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another graphics question here.

Default Another graphics question here.

I just installed a Radeon HD 5750, it comes with 1gig ddr5 and all the bells and whistles for HD. With all sliders to minimum Im sitting at 30 fps in a major city and am looking at 15fps or less in a rift or instance. I know my ram and cpu are a bit outdated, 2gig ram and a 2.6 single core cpu. How much of this affects my fps and would a 2.9 gig dual core (best my mobo will accept) help this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated, Iv spent over $250 so far on the gpu and 500watt power supply to run it.
    Are we saving the people from the wolves or the wolves from the people?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vrando View Post
    I just installed a Radeon HD 5750, it comes with 1gig ddr5 and all the bells and whistles for HD. With all sliders to minimum Im sitting at 30 fps in a major city and am looking at 15fps or less in a rift or instance. I know my ram and cpu are a bit outdated, 2gig ram and a 2.6 single core cpu. How much of this affects my fps and would a 2.9 gig dual core (best my mobo will accept) help this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated, Iv spent over $250 so far on the gpu and 500watt power supply to run it.
    your HD5750, while not great, is being crapped on by the rest of your system. Minimum specs are a dual-core CPU.

You have a 500W PSU and a decent GPU so do this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...t=Combo.612099

that keeps you under 500 bucks and you have now upgraded your system to last you a little while.

Thanks Maverick494, I checked out the link you gave and noticed that the combo comes with a radeon hd4250 (i think) it also says that it is capable of supporting dual gpu's. I couldnt find info whether it is a pciE slot or not but if it is, couldn't i run both the gpu's ill have?

Zab
    Champion

yup you desperately need a new mobo/cpu/memory in order to get decent framerates on anything above low settings.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vrando View Post
    Thanks Maverick494, I checked out the link you gave and noticed that the combo comes with a radeon hd4250 (i think) it also says that it is capable of supporting dual gpu's. I couldnt find info whether it is a pciE slot or not but if it is, couldn't i run both the gpu's ill have?
    no, the PCIe slot being filled will likely shut off the onboard GPU (HD4250 is the onboard). The HD4250 is pretty crap anyway. I am not sure how it is going to support dual GPU's either since it only has one PCIe slot. Bottom line is that will get you in a better position for a computer overall, but in the next couple years you'll be upgrading all over again. The bulldozer line of CPU's (the latest due out from AMD soon) are also supposed to be backward compatible with socket AM3 motherboards which means you will have a little upgrade path for some in the future without being forced to change the motherboard.
    Last edited by Maverick494; 03-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    no, the PCIe slot being filled will likely shut off the onboard GPU (HD4250 is the onboard). The HD4250 is pretty crap anyway. I am not sure how it is going to support dual GPU's either since it only has one PCIe slot. Bottom line is that will get you in a better position for a computer overall, but in the next couple years you'll be upgrading all over again. The bulldozer line of CPU's (the latest due out from AMD soon) are also supposed to be backward compatible with socket AM3 motherboards which means you will have a little upgrade path for some in the future without being forced to change the motherboard.
    Ya, I went back and it stated "Moreover, ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 motherboard is ATI Hybrid CrossFireX ready, which allows you to combine the performance of the integrated HD4250 GPU with an applicable ATI Radeon graphics card to bring enhanced gaming performance, productivity and power efficiency." so long as my hd 5750 is applicable, but like you said, its not that great of an on-baord so it will just be a small boost in performance. Either way it should give me what I need for now to make the game more enjoyable. Thanks much for the info everyone!

+ Reply to Thread