+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extremely Slow Download speeds in the patcher...

Default Extremely Slow Download speeds in the patcher...

So the servers went down recently to fix the coin-lock feature...Anyways I opened up my rift patcher and I am only getting 1--5KB/s...I have tried restarting my router..testing my Download speed using a torrent and I get the max speed from my ISP through the torrent...Closed the torrent and I am still getting extremely slow DL speeds. I also tried closing/reopening the patcher several times. Anybody have any issues/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cepolation View Post
    So the servers went down recently to fix the coin-lock feature...Anyways I opened up my rift patcher and I am only getting 1--5KB/s...I have tried restarting my router..testing my Download speed using a torrent and I get the max speed from my ISP through the torrent...Closed the torrent and I am still getting extremely slow DL speeds. I also tried closing/reopening the patcher several times. Anybody have any issues/suggestions?
    Yep same for me. Looks like i won't be going back into T2 tonight with 4.5 Kbs.
    Dreadnaught - Lvl. 50 - T2 Warrior Tank
    Ashmaker - Rogue - Lvl. 50
    Ultimate - Mage - Lvl. 50 - PvP Pyro
    < Paradox >

DUKE [x] | INFILTRATOR [x] | ORACLE [x] | HYLAS [x] | GREENSCALE [ ]

Does anybody know the address for the rift patching servers? I want to do a tracer and a ping test.

Soulwalker

Just bought Rift and started to update and I had the same problem, only getting 12-35kb, and for a 1.2gb patch that would take more than 10hrs. I decided to dig into Windows Firewall and see if anything would help. Sure enough there were two other "Play Rift" options listed as a Domain that were set to disabled. There are 4 in total, two are listed as Private. Once I activated them and restarted the patcher the DL speeds rose to 621kb:

Control Panel\Windows Firewall\Advanced Settings\Inbound Rules ~ Select the two Play Rift options that have the profile of Domain and 'allow' them.

This worked for me, so I thought I'd post about it!
    Last edited by Akuhei; 03-19-2011 at 01:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread