+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hacked

Soulwalker

Default Hacked

So I log on today after over a week away from game to find my characters naked on the character select screen. Figure just a glotch, so log on and all my bags, plat, and nonquest items gone.

So whats up with account security in this game? I've played MMO's since 1997 and have never been hacked before.

I run antivirus, firewall, different passwords (8 characters +, no words, etc.) for email/wow/rift, and I haven't clicked any bogus email links.

I'm fairly tech savvy (build/tweak PCs, servers, etc.) and have worked in computer security for multiple years.

Any ideas?

Soulwalker

Default Me2

Me too,was not naked nor my items gone. I was just missing 14 plat. I think the coin lock is on a too long timer and they had enuff time to send my coin to a guy named jio , dumb *** replied with a thnx lol... I sent a tell to jio, but that toon was deleted i guess, cuz it said he did not exsist!. sent a ticket but its been hours.. he got enuff time to steal my coin then it locked. I am glad they didnt delete my toons. I been playing mmorpgs dince 99 and never use same passwords....

I think there getting it from facebooks likes.

Soulwalker

My guildies mentioned they had seen me on earlier today, so I was just a little too late to stop it in game.

+ Reply to Thread